SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How old do you feel?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How old do you feel? Login/Join 
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
71 here, feel a lot younger. Combat wounds and injuries are slowing me down somewhat but just keep rolling. Now raising our year old grandson.

No smoking, alcohol or drugs have kept me and the missus in good health for the 49 years we have been married.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
33 and feel 70+ most days. I hope I don't make it that far for real.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
30 sitting. 70 as soon as I get my 47 year old ass up from the couch.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
Going on 70. I feel much younger than I look.

So much so that every morning when I look in the mirror to shave I think, "Look what an old geezer I turned into."

Then I think, "quit ending your sentences with a preposition."

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I feel like I can still just roll up into a college party or spring break and fit right in.

I know better though.

Haha, that sums it up about right. Well played sir.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm only 31 but Today I feel like I'm 70. My work after 13 years is starting to take its toll.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
You're only old if you feel old....And I only feel old in the morning! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8864 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm middle aged and I feel middle aged.

At work, people from all over the world contact me for advice. That doesn't happen if you're a youngin'.

Physically, I have a few aches and pains from my football days. I've been working with a personal trainer since October and I've shed 20 lbs plus my strength has really picked up the last 3 weeks (both make me feel younger). I planted the garden yesterday so I'm experiencing the temporary soreness from a once a year activity.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23200 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
Mentally, I think I'm much younger than I am.

Physically, I feel much older than I am.

It's a rough spot to be.

This is me ! The mind of a late-20s/early 30's in the body of a 65 year old. And neither one matches my true age of 53.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
I'm 40, mentally 28, physically older due to my back, knees and joints always hurting.

I'm going back to school to get my degree. I recently went to the campus for a proctored test and that made me feel mentally old. LOL

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm old, but my Wife says I'm immature.

Where does that put me? (Besides on the couch.)

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am somewhere between Beavis and Butthead and Dude where's my car. Smile

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I'm feeling older than my actual 54 years today.

Spent yesterday morning showing / teaching my 9-year old how to ski 'bumps'. Went great until feeling that twinge in the lower back...

Motrin helped. but moving carefully for a while.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
Remember:

You're only as old as the woman you feel.

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 653 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Unishot:
Remember:

You're only as old as the woman you feel.

Not if I want to get any older! Eek

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Whatever "I'm thirty, but I feel sixty" translates to on your scale.

It's been a real bad few months.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I'm 50 and feel every day of it. Everything hurts, everything creaks or pops, and nothing is working like it used to.

I'm just beat down and ready for a break, but I'm afraid if I stop I'll never get going again.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
From what I've seen of 80, I hope I don't make it there, and the stats say I won't.

Arc; don't give up too soon.
I just turned 83 and I don't look a day over 78. Actually I don't feel any different than I did 20 years ago.
Obviously I am different, I cut down a couple of smallish trees, bucked them in to stove lengths, and started splitting them just before my birthday. I have not yet finished the job. I can gather up the energy for about a 6 hour spurt, and then it takes a month to gather another.

But I can still hold a pistol out at arms length and still see the target, so I'm good for a bit longer.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by two-two-niner-romeo:
Seasoned. Like my hair, a little salt, a lot of pepper.

Hair?

Explain, please...........

tac

Posts: 11313 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soon to turn 60 and my body feels way older, replaced hips, bum knees and shoulders, and a God awful back some days. Yet, I keep on plugging along.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post