SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How old do you feel?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How old do you feel? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I feel like I can still just roll up into a college party or spring break and fit right in.

I know better though.

Maybe I should have chosen something older than seasoned because at this point I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a college party. No patience for the BS anymore.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Today is my birthday. My daughter gave me a "Bad Company" CD. So I must still be doing OK.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm 53 but I'm in really good shape so I feel much younger. Biking, hiking, jogging, and weight training are my pastimes. I still eat pretty much whatever I want because of my high metabolism and training regimen.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
Originally posted by two-two-niner-romeo:
Seasoned. Like my hair, a little salt, a lot of pepper.

Hair?

Explain, please...........

tac

It's that stuff growing out of your nose and ears...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying the slide into 60. I look 10 years younger than I am. Physically, the miles are adding up. Years of moving things that weigh a bunch more than I do, working my ass off and forgetting about eating or sleeping when I should have done one or the other of them. Overall my health is good.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Lets see. Im 55, am always told I dont look anywhere near it. My body however, feels it. Playing a multitude of contact sports for the better part of my life has left its mark. Not over weight, in pretty fair shape, my body is slowing down. Insulin dependent now, things are rarely as they appear... I'm distinguished.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
56 but don't feel it or look it Big Grin I se some people my age and they look like they have one foot in the grave. I put seasoned as ranch hand might wear me out.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
53- biggest issue feet pain/ moderate plantar fasciitis. Stretching really helps that. Trying to eat less and healthier, weights, rowing, walking. About 15 lbs more than I want to be, but my cholesterol and triglycerides from a recent blood work up were not bad. Night shift is not the greatest for us "seasoned" guys. Really don't have too much to complain about.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm 81 but feel 50ish some days. My wife is bed ridden and I am her care giver so I can't leave her for long. My grandson has to help take her to the doctor. Never thought retirement would be like this but I continue to maintain my health. My doc at the VA says I am healthier that 95% of her patients. I must continue to survive to care for my bride.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mentally, 8 years younger.
I have health issues , so physically its hard to say.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
Considering I've been laying on my back since March 2 waiting for spine surgery, I feel very, very old.

I'm learning the hard way that a 66 year old man can't pull and tug on farm implements like he was 55.

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoping I don't live to be as old as I feel. 32 feels 62. I heard a joke about treating your body like a temple vs an amusement park and figured I am closer to the latter and paying for it.
Currently, I don't sleep for more than 4-5 hours at a time, my feet always hurt, my knees are shot, I can't hear well anymore, I have vision so poor I can't read a wall clock from 10 feet without glasses, my hands ache and cramp to the point I can't hold a water glass or open a twist off bottle, neither arm raises above shoulder level, I eat Tylenol like pez, I get indigestion from foods I love to eat, I'm 240 on a frame built for a 190 and I work a weekly rotating shift on a 7day week. I also cough to the point of being nauseous more frequently than is acceptable and I think I'm getting a cold. If I was a car, I wouldn't be worth parting out...
There wasn't a just shoot me already option, so I voted why am I still here.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
After gym or hard work I feel 80. See my wife getting out of the shower, 17. Dick and fart jokes about 10.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I went with "why am I still here", I have had a lot of near death experiences that beat my up pretty badly. a few bones that didnt heal right too.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
25 / 75, young wife helps a lot. ...all except the GOUT...

Posts: 913 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I feel like I can still just roll up into a college party or spring break and fit right in.

I know better though.

Maybe I should have chosen something older than seasoned because at this point I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a college party. No patience for the BS anymore.

My point was that in my mind, I still look the same as I did over 15 years ago. I feel like I could walk on a college campus, and no one would be able to tell that I'm almost 40. Of course, I actually wouldn't have much in common with the current crop of college students.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I'm 60 and feel every minute of it but then life's been a challenge medically for me. I've got my weight where I want it, walk a few miles every day (when I can) but still have aches and pains.

The exception is when I get on the motorcycle. Feel like I'm 30, constantly smiling and enjoying every moment. Nothing hurts or bothers me.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
56 but don't feel it or look it Big Grin I se some people my age and they look like they have one foot in the grave.

I was having a conversation with the surgeon I work with just the other day. We're both 51 and we had a patient on the table who was also 51. At some point in the case he looked up at me and asked, "Why is it when I see these guys who are 51 years old, I think "This guy looks like my dad!"?". I could only look at him, nod, and say, "I know man, I think the same thing." Big Grin

On any given day, while 51 years old, my brain still thinks I'm in my 20s. If I shaved off the much more salt than pepper beard I could still easily pass for 30. I was going gray in my 20s though, so....

My body nowadays feels every day of those 51 years. Used to be, when I was achey and sore I could go to bed and wake up refreshed and feeling good. Now I go to bed feeling good and wake up achey and sore. It takes a few laps around the house in the morning to get the kinks out.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post