SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How old do you feel?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How old do you feel? Login/Join 
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Not as agile as I once was, but I'm also free of any current health issues.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
Mentally, I think I'm much younger than I am.

Physically, I feel much older than I am.

It's a rough spot to be.

Well said, fits me to the tee.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'm 66 chronologically.

Health-wise, I'm in pretty good shape. A little bursitis in my shoulders, on meds for BP and cholesterol (what old white guy isn't?) and I'm 15-20 pounds overweight.

Mentally, I feel like I'm 20 years younger and my interests and goals reflect that.

Physically, I have noticed that in the last 2-3 years that I'm losing flexibility, I tire much more easily and I'm unwilling to take on tasks that I know will result in aches and pains. On two occasions in the last year I've agreed to do things only to find out that I can't anymore without more discomfort than I'm willing to endure without good reason. I've had to bail on people that were counting on me and THAT has been a shock to my self image.

The temptation to take it easier is strong, but I also know that the key to remaining active is to remain active, if that makes any sense.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
In honor of y'all (and me for that matter I suppose):

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/ldQrapQ4d0Y

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Its not so much the age as the mileage

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:

My friend, that is why the thread isn't titled "How Old Are You?"

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be 50 this year and I certainly don't look like it.
I voted distinguished. There's days I feel pretty beat up and days I feel pretty good. It depends.
Today I felt old and the hangover, even after drinking water and taking ibuprofen, was pretty harsh. Had a great time with friends last night but went a little overboard with some adult beverages.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Never pass up a chance to pee, and never trust a fart.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Old Sodium

Before I can get one affliction under control, another one happens.

I walk my dogs every day, as far as possible. Probably 4 walks a day @ 1-1/2 miles each walk.
Most days my back (pinched nerves), feels like I am carrying the weight of Jesus, but I keep going, and don't miss taking the pain pills for it.

The days I feel good, I try to get as much done as possible, because the days I feel bad, not much gets done.

I do other stuff too, but not on the level of a 50 year old dude anymore. I pray I will outlive all my dogs, but think they are the reason I am still breathing, they keep me in a routine of physical activity.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's not the mileage, it's how rough the road was while you had it floorboarded.....

Today I finished moving 3/4 cord of firewood to the wood shed. It took me 3 days to move & restack. It took me over a week to split it. Large wild cherry tree down in a storm couple months back. Much of it was 18-23" rounds.

45 years ago I unloaded a cord of firewood, split & stacked it in 45 minutes.

Days 'The Gravity' doesn't smack me around, I'm doing damn fine. Got a list of docs to revisit this Spring to follow up stuff.

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Never pass up a chance to pee, and never trust a fart.

Never waste a hard on...

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I'm 30, this is how I feel.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
I'm a 46 year old purple belt who trains Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with people from 15-50...I THINK I'm 25, but my body tells me different.

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Like a million dollars.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
"Looking good, Billy Ray.

Feeling good, Lewis."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Look at it this way, you old shits.

No one gets points for reaching old age in pristine condition.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
I am 61 next month. Mostly I feel like I am almost 70.

Rode hard when I was young.

Now I got some aches and pains. Lot of my joints make noise.

Glad to be alive. Still will stand up when it is the right thing to do.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
From what I've seen of 80, I hope I don't make it there, and the stats say I won't.

I'm only 40, I know, I'm old at heart. But I've been injured at work a few times, and construction is a beater. By 65 I'll be crippled in one way or another. Or at least by health care debt.

Arc.

Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:

My friend, that is why the thread isn't titled "How Old Are You?"

3 different wars, years at sea.

They say Navy years are like dog years, each is worth 7. So for someone that's 202 years old im not in bad shape.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking the other day that I am on the downhill slope at 61. 10 more years? 20?
I usually feel pretty good, but this weekend I am fighting a cold.
And living in the Yoop keeps me young!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post