SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help moving data from Samsung S9 to iPhone 8
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help moving data from Samsung S9 to iPhone 8 Login/Join 
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted
Hello all. As usual, I'm mired down in technical frustration as I try to convert data from my (current) S9 to an iPhone 8. Seems that Apple's principal product for making the swap (Move to iOS) has several issues and I can't make it work. Tried Airplane mode, turning off wifi, connecting to charger while doing, etc. Nada.

So, I'm here to ask the collective brain trust. I have gotten the folks at the store to transfer my contacts and pictures, but the messages are an issue. I really would also love to have all my copious notes, etc. Apps I can chase down, even if it's a hassle.

Anyone done this and recall a way to do this? I'd love a free option, but am willing to pay at this point. There are seemingly dozens of apps, and with false endorsements online I'm unsure what to trust. Any and all assistance is appreciated.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I've not used this, but a friend of mine said it worked for him.

https://www.imore.com/how-swit...-android-iphone-ipad

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6484 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
I found a freeware called Syncios Manager that makes it very easy to drag and transfer data (pics, music etc.) from iOS/Android to PC and vice-versa. May be worth a look.

https://www.syncios.com/features.html

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
If you have an Apple store nearby, take it to them. They have awesome customer service and will transfer everything for you for free. They do this since they are converting you to the dark side.
Welcome to the club.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
If you bought the iPhone from a carrier, IIRC they can do data transfers too.

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I took it to the carrier (T-Mobile) and they did their machine thingy, and it transferred some of the stuff over, but not all. Did not do messages and didn't do half the pics.

I finally gave up last night and purchased a $30 program called Syncios, and it did the trick. Lost many names associated with my phone numbers, but thank goodness I'm able to recall who it is by the text messages for the most part, so I've gotten back to a more agreeable iphone condition. Dangit Samsung, why couldn't you just work?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post