SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    On paper 2 cars will fit in my garage. As for the implementation??? (Update pg 2: They actually fit)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On paper 2 cars will fit in my garage. As for the implementation??? (Update pg 2: They actually fit) Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Well on paper measurement the GTO will go left to right on the back wall since it is in storage mode for the foreseeable future.
The Mustang will pull in the garage as usual so I can hopefully get working on it again. It has resided in the in-laws bar for 7 years now. My mother in law retired and father in law wants to finish her out a nice craft room now that he has finished out his other barn and moved his wood shop there. So figure getting my crap out of the way will allow for a bigger craft room. He’ll likely finish out the rest of the barn for a play area for the kids too with my crap out of the way.
Sure figured by September 20th we would not still be in the mid 90s everyday. Would make organizing my shop a whole lot easier not soaked and covered in sweat plus letting me open the garage door to outside for more room. To temporarily place stuff.
Lots of this stuff is going to get put in the attic for storage and out of the shop.

Wish me luck. It will be a couple weeks before this hot mess is rearranged enough and hopefully my vision and measurements that I put on paper actually work.
Then have to get the front suspension reassembled on the Mustang so it will at least roll on and off the tow truck.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Good luck!

But I'm definitely showing my wife these pictures of your garage. She constantly complains about how "cluttered" our garage is. I have another example to show that her claims are unfounded!
Hell, I don't even have a deer on display in our garage!!! Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will be so worth it when you get it cleaned up.

My OCD would kick into high walking by that every day.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My garage looks much like yours, sad thing is that mine is smaller and I can't fit my Prelude in it. Like you, I have been working to change that the last 2 weeks.

I've found it easier to clean out this time as I get closer to retiring. I use the excuse, will I use that before I retire when deciding what to get rid of.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's so easy to clutter a garage as it happens with an item here an item there, etc. Before you know it, you have stuff everywhere, stuff in the way of organizing the other stuff, etc. I'm in the process of decluttering mine. If I haven't needed it in 2-3 years, I don't need it. But with the heat, it totally sucks. But being organized saves a huge amount of time of looking for stuff and climbing over stuff to get something you need.

Wheel dollies for the mustangs wheels would help as you can simply push it tight against the wall and pull it back over pretty easily if you want to work on it. Harbor Freight has a pair of 1250 lb capacity for $56.99. Finding ways to hang things nicely on the walls and nice shelves help keep the clutter down as well.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
It is a nightmare currently. It was quite organized but did not allow for the GTO to go left to right as my storage was on the back wall.
I have stared to drag all the crap and shelves off the back wall to accommodate the GTO in the back.

Should have done before pics.

————————————————

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I love the stuff there,would not change a thing other than fix that door frame, [I mean trim the thing] it is costing you a bundle with heat and cooling loss

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Wheel dollies for GTO's wheels will help you get it in position and out without damage, Jimmy said HF is your friend and they have 20% off this week plus a free LED flashlight,

Look at some hanging ceiling storage racks and plastic tubs with lids to put stuff in above the Goat, quicker access if you need it and no hauling upstairs for stuff.

Pegboard on the walls would be nice, hang tools, cables, extension cords, etc...

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have a set of wheel dollies just the bent steel type with 4 caster on the bottom and I also have a set of go jacks that you just slide on and push the foot pump a few times and it lifts the car.
One of the local tow companies bought a bunch of new sets for their trucks and gave me a set.
They cleaned up real nice.

Wish I had more room but it is what it is.

Thoughts of selling the GTO as I’ll likely never be able to afford to do her right.
As far as I know she is almost all original except for the wheels, and drivers front quarter.
I put an Edelbrock intake and carb on it years ago but still have the original.
But she is not going down in value and only cost me $2.50 a month for theft and fire insurance.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
I love the stuff there,would not change a thing other than fix that door frame, [I mean trim the thing] it is costing you a bundle with heat and cooling loss

I have been meaning to fill it in with spray foam.

————————————————

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I think you got some cool stuff in there. Dont see the Model A.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I think you got some cool stuff in there. Dont see the Model A.

It still resides with my Grandfather. His 90th is in a week so the annual family photo shoot with it is coming up.
I don’t have time to get up there before the day of the party so luckily a friend was able to slide over and get her out and clean her up.

If I had my grandfather’s shop pictured there my space issues would be over.

————————————————

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
You're out of paper towels. Razz

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like you have a ton of wall space for shelving and that should solve your need on where to put everything.

I have never used wheel dollies but am thinking you will need some help pushing that goat around in there. Good luck!

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Looks to me like you have a ton of wall space for shelving and that should solve your need on where to put everything.

I have never used wheel dollies but am thinking you will need some help pushing that goat around in there. Good luck!

That is part of the plan just wanting to get the vehicles in place to decide where everything else goes.

The garage floor is smooth concrete and the dollies roll like they are on Ice so moving the car is not hard at all.
The passenger side dollies will likely stay under the wheels as getting a jack on the front and back will likely be difficult to remove the dollies with the car against the wall.

Rolling the car on dollies on textured concrete is a bit more of a chore.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Got a bunch done this afternoon while the kiddos napped. A bunch of stuff moved around a bunch of crap to the curb for the trash, and a few boxes upstairs to the attic when the last boy decides to get up.

I think it is actually going to work and have a pretty decent area to work on the car. Will likely need to do a folding work bench from the right wall where the extension cords and lawn equipment are.
Or put that craftsman workbench on decent casters.

I also found 200 rounds of 30-06 I had forgotten about and the 6.5” Alpine speakers I had put in the Sienna and pulled when I sold it.
They’ll do just fine in the doors of the Mustang.

————————————————

Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
That 30.06 is taking up far too much room. You should send it to me for disposal. I will certainly pay shipping.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Think I'd put that Goat on a set of wheel dollies so I could 1) move it around easily, and 2) store it right up against the wall to maximize available space.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I would get a set of wheel dollies so that GTO could be moved right up against the wall to save space.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I really like the Model A. There is a '31 local and a '31 Chevrolet. The Chevy has yellow rims like your Grand fathers.