SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Much Money Do You Save Per Month?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Much Money Do You Save Per Month? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We don't set aside any specific amount outside of maxing out the 401k including catch up.
But, we still live well within our means and are in constant accumulation mode. Enough to fully fund a Roth for the wife come tax time with plenty of funds left over.

Posts: 1960 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not much. Mostly we're paycheck to paycheck. We usually "save" between $100-$200/month but that always gets eaten away quickly between car maintenance, medical/dental expenses (mostly for kids), random unexpected things, etc.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Not as much as I'd like right now but barring an emergency the saving ramps up next month cause I'll have the truck paid off and there's an extra $1k per month.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
My wife & I are both retired. With our SS, pensions, 401Ks; some months we're able to put $1000 in savings, but usually it's more like $500.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
-$243

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
about $2k per month - not as much as I'd like but at least its always something - will probably go up when the Ferrari payments are finished

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
-$243

Oh I've been there. After divorce I was running a four figure negative budget per month for two years+. All my savings and retirement was consumed. This was while working two jobs totalling over 60 hrs per week. Was not a fun time.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20814 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are in a one income household since my wife hasn't worked in the last 15 years. We save/invest about $2k a month. We both recently got new cars so we are working on paying those off and pay a few hundred extra on the house payment each month. I plan to retire in my 50s so we prioritize our funds accordingly.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post