SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon knocks it out of the park again!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon knocks it out of the park again! Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Another person that has always had excellent customer service from Amazon.

I've been a prime member since they launched the service and will continue being one....

Lastly, I don't fault them for taking their Prime Video and not sharing it with competitors. Why would they do that?

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
The USPS bit off more than it can chew with the Amazon contract. Tell me how on time delivery can occur when 50 Amazon parcels show up half an hour before closing time in a small one person office when that clerk also has to wait on counter customers?

That one person office does not have delivery service. They will scan the parcels as attempted delivery and leave a notice in the customers P.O. Box. So yes, the service requirement has been met.

The USPS does a great job delivering Amazon parcels. I even get them on Sundays.

Yes they do for the most part. However, if the day the 50 parcels show up is the second day after mailing and all the clerk can do is scan them in as received and then immediately scan them again as delivery attempted, Amazon can say they were delivered on time when there's actually a slim chance someone can get their package in that last half hour. Even worse when this happens on a Saturday when that post office closes at noon.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
We've placed around 800 orders through Amazon since we moved to the U. S. mainland and started using them in 2010. I have no problems with them at all. Over the years, we've had a couple of grocery items damaged in shipment. They quickly refunded the cost. We've done a couple of returns which were processed very quickly and efficiently. They also didn't give me any hassle with a full refund for a fake Zero Tolerance knife I bought from one of their third-party sellers.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
quote:
The USPS bit off more than it can chew with the Amazon contract. Tell me how on time delivery can occur when 50 Amazon parcels show up half an hour before closing time in a small one person office when that clerk also has to wait on counter customers?

That one person office does not have delivery service. They will scan the parcels as attempted delivery and leave a notice in the customers P.O. Box. So yes, the service requirement has been met.

The USPS does a great job delivering Amazon parcels. I even get them on Sundays.

Yes they do for the most part. However, if the day the 50 parcels show up is the second day after mailing and all the clerk can do is scan them in as received and then immediately scan them again as delivery attempted, Amazon can say they were delivered on time when there's actually a slim chance someone can get their package in that last half hour. Even worse when this happens on a Saturday when that post office closes at noon.

I didn't address this earlier but it is highly unlikely for Amazon parcels to show up a half hour before closing. Post Offices have incoming dispatches usually twice a day. Once in the early A.M. allowing the only clerk to sort the mail and packages before the window opens, and once in the P.M., about 3:00 to 3:30 P.M. with the office usually closing at about 5:00 P.M.

Closing at noon does not prohibit a customer from picking a package, especially in a small one person office. That clerk still has to be in the office until the last dispatch that picks up their outgoing mail comes by, usually about 5:30 P.M.

Furthermore this discussion is based on the assumption that a small, one person office, will receive 50 Amazon parcels in a day. It has been my experience that every small Post Office that I have audited never received 50 parcels of any kind during one day. In fact most of those offices wouldn't receive 50 parcels in three or four days.

Is it possible and has it happened that delivery has been delayed due to a USPS problem. Sure, it happens, but it is a rarity and no reason for me to cancel my Prime membership.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post