SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Down in Texas again, had real chili....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Down in Texas again, had real chili.... Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SecurityGeek:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
quote:
Originally posted by Surefire:
...no beans.
So you had pasta meat sauce in a bowl? Razz
Hey, they do a lot of weird things in Texas. Eating condiments as a main dish just happens to be one of them.

If your chili has the same consistency and/or ingredients as your pasta sauce, you're doing at least one of them wrong. I've been to Cincinnati and what they do to chili there just ain't right.
Wink
Amen, that stuff in Cindy is not chili.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
...no beans.

This demonstrates the problem. If you think chili bears any resemblance to Italian meat sauce, then you got more to figure out than the beans or no beans question. You've never had anything remotely like chili.

Some chilis have no tomatoes. None have more than just a little. The red color comes from chilis. Not tomatoes.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Coco loco up in Bryan - their green sauce can cure anything, along with their Horchata

Quesadilla from El Tio Investment s... but that's in the ghetto

Posts: 5734 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
quote:
...no beans.

This demonstrates the problem. If you think chili bears any resemblance to Italian meat sauce, then you got more to figure out than the beans or no beans question. You've never had anything remotely like chili.

Some chilis have no tomatoes. None have more than just a little. The red color comes from chilis. Not tomatoes.

Why so serious, it was a joke...

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard good things about Fuego's tacos in College Station, but I haven't been there for any direct research. I'll have to check it out next time I'm there.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
quote:
...no beans.

Why so serious, it was a joke...

It is chili man! This is important.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post