SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    North Korean "Elite Commandos" (pic fixed)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

North Korean "Elite Commandos" (pic fixed) Login/Join 
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redleg2/9:
PS: Actually the “Muzzle dildos” are “Penetrating Flash Suppressors” and you can see the prancers eyeing them with obvious delightful anticipation.

I'm guessing rifle grenade.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Don't believe everything you read on Fox News. I assume this thread was prompted by the article they posted earlier today where their "expert" claimed that these had to be fake rifles, because the "grenade launcher" didn't leave any room for a magazine.

My first thought about their being grenade launchers was that there didn’t appear to be any way to load and fire them. I’m glad we have some members here who could explain them.

And although I wouldn’t place any bets on how well equipped and otherwise capable North Korean special operations troops might be, I suspect they take a backseat to no one in terms of physical toughness. I doubt that a country that blows people up with antiaircraft guns for being disrespectful to the man in charge would cut these guys much slack.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Michael Pregent is wrong, in this case.

We've known for years that the Norks were using these helical magazines in some of their AKs.

Mr. Pregent just looked at the image, saw something he didn't recognize, and made something up. That was good enough for Fox News... "Ooh! Juicy headline! North Koreans Use Fake Rifles! Print it!"

Freakin' moron. And we're laughing at the North Koreans? I don't know who's the bigger joke...The Norks or the media.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Photoshop chop chop. Not pointed right direction. Focus all wrong. Alignment not right. Light on helmets not right ....open mouths not in unisen. Probably mouths shouldn't be open at all

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Michael Pregent a ex Army Intleeigence officer seems to be under the impression that these are mock grenade launchers.

quote:
Some of the most memorable images to emerge from North Korea’s dramatic parade featured the special operations “commandos” who were carrying what appeared to be AK-47’s with grenade-launching capabilities. There’s just one problem, Pregent said. “Where are the magazines? There's no place for the magazine to go with the mock grenade launcher in the way,” Pregent noted, calling it a “fake capability.”

Link

That's really pathetic and all involved should be embarrassed and ridiculed. I saw some pictures of these rifles a couple weeks ago but rather than make shit up or assume they were fake, I did a little Google research and in about five minutes I found plenty of information about these helical magazines.

edit: I just read the link to the original article and now the quote from the "expert" has changed to question the reliability of the helical magazines, as if he knew what they were all along. So not only does the guy apparently not know about the existence of them, he's all of a sudden qualified to pass judgment on their effectiveness. Wow, talk about fake news.

Yeah, that article was a joke.

He said that the rifle-grenades were fake. As if the NorKs are going to let their troops parade in front of 'dear leader' with REAL grenades. And he implied that those weapons might not even be loaded, due to an ammo manufacturing deficiency. Who CARES if those rifles, in that photo, are loaded? We KNOW they have a crap-ton of conventional small arms stockpiled. I don't know how US/Western armies do it, but I don't think that we would issue live ammo for this kind of parade, either. . .

And he ridiculed their chrome-plated rifles. Again, this is a PARADE. The commies have all sorts of weird stuff they put on parade (like the Chinese obsession with white-wall tires on their vehicles). This isn't a front-line combat unit deploying to the front line - it's a PARADE.

And then he mocked them for their SUNGLASSES? Again, I'm no grunt, but I can't imagine a 20-man ground unit being over-run by 100,000 NorKs and radioing in to HQ: "No worries, boss, we got this. They have helical mags, and don't even have effective ballistic eyewear.". .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Boy, those dildo guys kick higher than the Rockettes.

I'm really scared now.

I operated in support of South Korean Marines in Niet Nam 50 years ago. They were some seriously tough sum bitches. I see no reason to think their northern commie cousins are less dedicated or tough. And the last time we fought them they were no pic-nic.

Funny strutting or not, I'd get up early and square away my gear if I had to fight them. Much better to deal with some pajama-boy anti-fa, but that's just me.

There is wisdom in those words

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking at the expert's background it appears that he is a middle east expert and not a Korea expert. There is also something odd about his history link.. I can't put my finger on it and I think some more info is required.

Personally, I recommend against under estimation of one's opponent.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post