SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    North Korean "Elite Commandos" (pic fixed)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

North Korean "Elite Commandos" (pic fixed) Login/Join 
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Boy, those dildo guys kick higher than the Rockettes.

I'm really scared now.

Funny strutting or not, I'd get up early and square away my gear if I had to fight them. Much better to deal with some pajama-boy anti-fa, but that's just me.

Concur 100%. I prefer not to underestimate my adversary. Guess I'm officially old; I quit talking shit and just try my best not to screw up my part.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Boy, those dildo guys kick higher than the Rockettes.

I'm really scared now.

I operated in support of South Korean Marines in Niet Nam 50 years ago. They were some seriously tough sum bitches. I see no reason to think their northern commie cousins are less dedicated or tough. And the last time we fought them they were no pic-nic.

Funny strutting or not, I'd get up early and square away my gear if I had to fight them. Much better to deal with some pajama-boy anti-fa, but that's just me.

Yeah, I was going to say that my uncle who fought in Korea has a much different opinion, but you summed it up pretty well.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NVGs and sunglasses?

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Michael Pregent a ex Army Intleeigence officer seems to be under the impression that these are mock grenade launchers.

quote:
Some of the most memorable images to emerge from North Korea’s dramatic parade featured the special operations “commandos” who were carrying what appeared to be AK-47’s with grenade-launching capabilities. There’s just one problem, Pregent said. “Where are the magazines? There's no place for the magazine to go with the mock grenade launcher in the way,” Pregent noted, calling it a “fake capability.”

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Michael Pregent is wrong, in this case.

We've known for years that the Norks were using these helical magazines in some of their AKs.

Mr. Pregent just looked at the image, saw something he didn't recognize, and made something up. That was good enough for Fox News... "Ooh! Juicy headline! North Koreans Use Fake Rifles! Print it!"

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
TSE posted a good link earlier:

http://armamentresearch.com/no...elical-ak-magazines/

the article is from 3 years ago

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I know what's wrong with the pic. The guy in the center looking directly at the camera has cheeks!!! Looks like he's been well-fed compared to everybody else in NK. Only one guy has some substantial meat on his bones in NK and that's Kim Jun Il.

Is that him playing elite soldier within his troops?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's just residual swelling from the beating he received from the unit Kommissar last week for sneezing during the morning propaganda class.

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have any experience with these types of mags in an AK? How would you go about inserting and removing these mags when the AK requires you to "rock" a mag into place? It doesn't appear to be possible with how those mags sit.

Posts: 432 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There isn't a front "lip" that has to be rocked into the receiver body, like a traditional AK magazine.

Instead, the front portion of the magazine is anchored with semicircular claws to a mount on the barrel.

To insert a magazine, the front claws are hooked onto the barrel mount, then the rear of the tube is rotated upward until the magazine catch engages the rear lug. To remove, the magazine catch is depressed, the tube is rotated downward, and the magazine is removed rearward, disengaging from the barrel mount.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
As far as the troops looking more healthy and relatively well-fed, it's SOP for the Norks to reserve what food they do have for their more elite troops.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Hm. I figured those were Shake Weight storage....you know, in case the need becomes urgent.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Muzzle dildos are frightening

Mega Didos!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I'm seeing what appears to be some Photoshop copy/pasting of troops.

Look closely and you can see a few that look a bit too similar.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
Goose steppin' commies with dildos on there AK-47's !?!

Nuke um' or we're sunk! Frown

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I'm seeing what appears to be some Photoshop copy/pasting of troops.

Look closely and you can see a few that look a bit too similar.

Oh so your saying they all look alike? RACIST! Big GrinBig Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Michael Pregent a ex Army Intleeigence officer seems to be under the impression that these are mock grenade launchers.

quote:
Some of the most memorable images to emerge from North Korea’s dramatic parade featured the special operations “commandos” who were carrying what appeared to be AK-47’s with grenade-launching capabilities. There’s just one problem, Pregent said. “Where are the magazines? There's no place for the magazine to go with the mock grenade launcher in the way,” Pregent noted, calling it a “fake capability.”

Link

That's really pathetic and all involved should be embarrassed and ridiculed. I saw some pictures of these rifles a couple weeks ago but rather than make shit up or assume they were fake, I did a little Google research and in about five minutes I found plenty of information about these helical magazines.

edit: I just read the link to the original article and now the quote from the "expert" has changed to question the reliability of the helical magazines, as if he knew what they were all along. So not only does the guy apparently not know about the existence of them, he's all of a sudden qualified to pass judgment on their effectiveness. Wow, talk about fake news.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ask Anwar Sadat about real weapons at a military parade.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ oh that's cold, funny, awesome, all at the same time. Well done

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see no reason to think their northern commie cousins are less dedicated or tough. And the last time we fought them they were no pic-nic.

Actually we kicked their asses - it was the 2.97 million Chicoms that fought us to a standstill.

(The 2.97 million number is from Major General Xu Yan, who is also a professor with the Chinese People's Liberation Army's National Defense University, wrote in an article in WenShi Cankao, a periodical of the People's Daily.)

And I agree, from everything I heard, the ROK's were mighty tough in Nam.

PS: Actually the “Muzzle dildos” are “Penetrating Flash Suppressors” and you can see the prancers eyeing them with obvious delightful anticipation.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post