SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do Login/Join 
Picture of BDA220
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who serve. My son is deputy sheriff, fortunately somewhere with sanity.

"Strange days have found us, strange days have tracked us down." JM

Posts: 807 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
Be safe Atlanta area. Police in 4 out of 6 zones of the city have walked out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2176 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Posted by my Nephew's partner - Santa Cruz, CA.

Posts: 1339 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked this patch up at 5.11 store last week.

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve Seagal is a L.e.o. in LA Eek

He has his own show on tv.

says he's been one for 20 years !

Who Knew ?
Steven Seagal: lawman

https://www.reelz.com/lawman/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54466 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
If you google "steven seagal maricopa county", you'll see that Seagal was also an honorary MCSO Deputy under Arpaio.

As I recall, anything that he participated in, coincidentally Arpaio and the media were there.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The Line of Duty Deaths for US law enforcement that I previously quoted from an OAN report may not have been up to date. (Covid-19 deaths are included in the link).

109 officers have died so far this year.
https://www.odmp.org/search/year

36 more deaths than this time last year, up 49% overall.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Saw an officer the other day in service in a perilous circumstance I would not expose myself to. He had his head on a swivel but it was impossible to do his work without danger. I drove on wishing I could acknowledge and thank him. So I’ll do it here. Thank you, sir. And thank you to all of your fellow officers across the nation.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29578 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Another version of Paul Harvey's "Policeman"...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11016 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another bump to say thank you to all Leo’s & all 1st responders. Nothing but true respect here.
God Bless!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Dinesh D'Souza
@DineshDSouza
Wait for it...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1278490496772583426

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23896 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Dinesh D'Souza
@DineshDSouza
Wait for it...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1278490496772583426

Now that right there just made my day! Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16133 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
100%

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8508 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all LEO'S for making this world a better place. Prayers for all of you and your families.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and hope.

Posts: 46 | Location: Houston | Registered: July 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Back to the top

Posts: 107180 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
For some reason, when I got to church this morning, I felt compelled to tell the cop on duty how much we appreciate him. (I'm not sure why he's there, but he, or another cop, are there every Sunday. Not sure if it's department policy, we ask him, or another reason.)

His response was that he is hearing it more and more these days, but it's never enough. It made me feel good that cops are hearing that the vast majority of us support them in these times.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Heartily concur. My best friend is a LEO, so I do hear some of what they encounter daily. We need the police more than ever before.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
I back the Badge

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
How challenging it must be for a LEO today, getting in tight circumstances, realizing damned if you do and maybe dead if you don't.

Hopefully not a drift, but how can liberals today really believe we will have greater liberty, justice, and peace, if we defund the police??

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
How challenging it must be for a LEO today, getting in tight circumstances, realizing damned if you do and maybe dead if you don't.

Hopefully not a drift, but how can liberals today really believe we will have greater liberty, justice, and peace, if we defund the police??

They don't think that. The left destroys everything they touch. Their goal is destruction and they do it better than any other groups.

Posts: 7720 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post