SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Great thread, I know that the forum has a lot of police on it. It's nice to let them know once in a while how 99% of us feel at least 99.8% of the time. We appreciate what you do, thanks!

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Thank you to all for the hard and often thankless job.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
The officers today have an extremely difficult and dangerous job, and I'm so glad I pulled the pin in 2001. I have a tremendous amount of respect for those wearing the badge now. Even at my age, I still adress these young guys as Sir.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yes we do!

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you to all LEOs for all you do.
Oldest son is a Deputy Sheriff in Los Angeles county.
Have 2 nephews in Law Enforcement. One of them has two sons in Law Enforcement.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
I worked in law enforcement for 12 years,deputy sheriff and city police. I loved every moment, each day was like opening day of hunting season. As much challenge as you want and there is always much to be learned.

I would have gladly worked for nothing, but they actually paid me to live my dream.

The intrinsic rewards of the job itself were more than I could have asked for.

There are good officers and there are the others, we do neither any favors when we do not watch and provide positive and negative criticism when we as citizens feel the need.

Posts: 2400 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by submoa:
A VERY heartfelt THANKS Para.....

Indeed!!!!

My personal view of those who physically attack/kill a police officer should be publicly dispalyed. Hanging from a lamp post. Instead they MIGHT get sent to a prison where they will be celebrated as some kind of hero.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Thank-you from a family with several generations of law enforcement.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My cousin that lives beside my mother is a retired NC state trooper. That job was hard on him and his life but he couldn’t conceive of doing anything else. Even after retirement he is still basically a LEO. The road is a dead end and he keeps an eye on the coming and going of any vehicles he doesn’t recognize. It’s just in his blood. I rest easier knowing he’s right there if my mother or other family members further down the road need him.

LEOs you’re crazy for wanting that job and I’m glad you’re doing it.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the solemn reminder Para. God bless our officers.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I appreciate and respect all LEO's.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen, this sentiment cannot be expressed enough.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Another brother down yesterday in NC.

NCSHP B551

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Very moving. Not sure if other agencies us the 10-1 call (Emergency) @ 0:14 seconds into video, but that is a familiar call for us in Chicago. I heard that and my heart started to pound like a racehorse. I have heard that many times over the years and it chills me to my core. Thank you Para for this video and a hearty thanks to all members as there is no place I'd rather be, this place truly is special.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Video is a reminder what a hard dangerous job LEO's have. I appreciate their work.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para

Thanks for all the support from my fellow forum members from a grateful LEO. Could you post a web link to that video?

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdDzOOUX1Sg

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the support!

-----------------------
be safe.

Posts: 260 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post