SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My brother has been a police officer in Las Vegas for 20 years. I wholeheartedly support the police and absolutely acknowledge how difficult their job is, especially in today's crazy society.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brother in law is a cop. I am awe of his bravery and dedication. This goes for all officers and service men and women. I don't think I have what it takes to do the job. Nothing but respect for them.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The police are absolutely necessary functionaries of any civilized society.

Thanks Para! I agree 100% with the above sentiment. I just wish our society was a little more civilized so that the police would have a safer job with less to do.

Posts: 6861 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I truly appreciate the honorable, good people on this site.

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I have been retired from law enforcement for a number of years now and I don't think I'd want to do it in this day and age.

Those officers out there now are a special breed and they have my utmost respect and admiration.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2071 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good..Bad.. I'm the
guy with the gun.
Picture of SIGMYSTER
posted Hide Post
Thank You Para!

Don't count me out till you see the box go in the hole!

Posts: 2123 | Location: N.E. OHIO | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
100%

Posts: 9093 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Such a courageous, selfless person to do this job...every day. They deserve only the highest respect.

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of the LEOs and I pray this for y'all:

May the Lord bless you and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23047 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
100%. I have many close friends who are local LEOs as well as State Toopers. All of them are fine men and women who have a difficult job and are looking out to protect us. Always have my support and respect.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5291 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
A video and a question, since we are on the subject of the shit LEO puts up with.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=C6NyM_1539809194

Can the legal experts please tell me what charges I could face, should I interject myself into such a situation and start "smashing pumpkins", so to speak of those who are verbally harassing and obstructing elected, sworn by elected and employed on my behalf as a taxpayer.

I am sick and tired of these fuckwits being abusive to those people either elected, sworn by elected, or employed as a taxpaying citizen by such people who interfere, entrap, or otherwise engage for the purpose of disrupting the good peace that all citizens which to enjoy.

Bottom line. If I were to go all rabid chimp, what is the worst I can expect? Cuz, I am old, sick, and tired, and am about fed the fuck up with this crap as anyone can be.

And what is the unofficial LEO POV of someone going apeshit?

Asking a a "friend of a cop" for a "friend of a monkey"...

Rhetorically speaking and all that, for a screenplay someone may be writing.

Maybe...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43777 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
This is every day. Every idiot with a degree from (or who has ever enrolled in a community college) thinks they know "the law."

Half my arguments are just in order to have the argument.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Oh boy screen went all fuzzy. Thank you Para! I have several friends who are/were LEO, very fine men all.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1669 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for your support and kind words.

Posts: 516 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: October 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I support our LEO community as well. The narrative that the media has created regarding police officers absolutely sickens me, especially knowing that it makes an already dangerous job even more so.

Posts: 3516 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
L.E. , teachers, Fire fighters none of them should have to pay for their own lunch's.

I tried to get 500 business card sized "thank you" cards printed up , on three occasions.
for these people.

but don't have the skills it takes to communicate with the printer, and do not want it to cost $90.00 -$155.00 Eek

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54466 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I tried to get 500 business card sized "thank you" cards printed up , on three occasions.
for these people. but don't have the skills it takes to communicate with the printer, and do not want it to cost $90.00 -$155.00 Eek

500 cards for $10

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6704 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
e-mail sent

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54466 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
God Bless them that were the Badge and be with them and their Families and Departments.

Thanks Para

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post