SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do Login/Join 
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
A thankless job that most of us don't want. They have had my respect for many years.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much, Para and thanks to the rest of you fine folks for having our back. We appreciate it.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am reading this while sitting in roll call. Thank you to all. I, and as I am sure all of us LEOs here, appreciate it a lot.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all in blue.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that video Para. I always appreciate the support and kind words posted on this forum. If I didn’t feel like we were welcome I wouldn’t read the threads here. I’ve been here for 12 years and on the job almost 26 years. I read stuff from this site nearly everyday.

I hate the way things are so negative right now but eventually it will get a little better. I think things are already showing improvement with President Trump.

Thank you to all the members here.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I married into a generational military and law enforcement family. I’m very thankful for the good men and women who are willing to serve.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
That was a tough watch. Thank you to all the men and women who do all the hard work and endure the hard times to protect us. Thank you Para

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Absolutely

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Yes, thanks to all the LEOs out there.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
There are no words to convey my thanks to the LEOs. God bless them and keep them safe.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
100%. The level of professionalism, empathy and skill that 99.999% of LE brings to their job each day is unbelievable. What this allows us to do as a society is under appreciated. Tough job indeed, but nothing but respect from my family to theirs.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Absolutely concur.

Tough job - my hat is off to those who take on the responsibilities and risks.

Posts: 15025 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
It's a job I don't think I could do for very long without burning out or breaking down. Thanks to all you men and women who stand between the citizens and the scumbags.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fear No Beer
Picture of K9346
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para for posting this and thank you to all the well wishers outside of LE.

And a big thank you to all my brothers and sisters in blue.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Posts: 2179 | Location: Back in Ok, finally | Registered: September 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
The only flair I have on my car is the black state silhouette with the blue line through it, and I mean it.

So thanks to all of you that stand on the wall when I'm asleep. I speak for you when I can and I'll help you if you need me.

Posts: 6387 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
This OP is yet another reason this is the best forum on the old interwebz! Thank you Para for posting this.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Amen Para, the thin blue line is not just a saying....it really does make this country not devolve into a 2nd world shithole.

After spending plenty of time in such places I truly respect what those who wear the shield do, that goes for FD and EMT as well.

People who criticize them should spend some time in the ME, Africa or eastern europe to get a dose of how close society to breakdown and that people are animals that must have trustworthy public servants to keep them in line.

When I get pulled over all I have to worry about is a ticket....not being shacken down for cash....or worse being kidnapped. Nor do I have to bribe the police here to take away my FIL body after he decided to do a header of the top floor......I have personally experienced both OCONUS.

Thank you guys and gals!

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reminder. It is easy to take for granted the job they take on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen to that!!

---------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother has been a police officer for nearly 20 years now. I whole heartedly agree. Society need a to support law enforcement or be subject to it.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post