SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silent:
Law enforcement officers:

What can we do for you?

As with many Americans we’ve sent socks, books, cleaning gear and etc. to our men and women serving in combat zones overseas. Now we find our law enforcement community under assault and viciously defamed every day in cities across our land.

What can we do for you?

Silent

Just say 'Thanks' when we do you a good turn, and sometimes, even if we don't.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Hell yes! You guys and gals have a tough job, and I sure as hell appreciate your continual performance. Thank you!

Pyker, and the rest of you, Thanks.

Posts: 3999 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True heroes, thank you!

Posts: 5024 | Location: Palm Coast, FL | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I thought this might be a good fit here.

54 years in law enforcement.

Deputy Williams is retiring as the longest tenured law enforcement officer in the state of Tennessee.

Thank you for your Service Sir! Enjoy your well deserved retirement.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks to those who wear the badge - shield.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I'm only sharing this story for the surprise it received and no other reason.

A couple of months ago I went into a local lunch spot and I was at the head of the line waiting to pay when I noticed a couple of local PD entering to order. It was the kind of fast casual place where you start off at one end, tell them what you want as you walk down the line so it takes a few mins to get from the entrance to the register.

When I saw them start to order I slyly asked the cashier what they were ordering, she told me and I said I would pay for theirs and to make sure to include a beverage but not tell who paid and only say it was covered. She agreed but apparently she couldn't keep the secret.

A min later as I was getting ready to leave with my food they made their way to the register only to find out it was covered and she told them it was me.

They walked over and said they were surprised and to say thank you very much. I replied that I know they have a tough job and they don't get enough thanks and that I was glad to pick up the tab. Thanks were said again and I replied that they were welcome and I left.

Every opportunity I come across I try to do something to say thanks.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2 window stickers on the rear of my Auto.

1. I Got your Back.

2. 0311.

I don't hear many people needing a translation.

Remember the 1st rule. It's always loaded.

Posts: 108 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: November 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Love how the second cop makes sure there will be no trial by pumping all the blood out of the perp. And he makes himself look like he cares by performing CPR. He’s going places, and no six month wait while riding a desk.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jjmcd:

2. 0311.

I don't hear many people needing a translation.

Please?

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://www.operationmilitaryk...e-rifleman-mos-0311/

Please don't drift the thread. That comment was made last October.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so very much for posting this, Para. Means a lot.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
Thank you so very much for posting this, Para. Means a lot.

Sure does. Thank you Para.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para. We appreciate it.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Remember kids, cops take your fake gun seriously, even when no one else you try to rob does.

As well he should have.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Remember kids, cops take your fake gun seriously, even when no one else you try to rob does.

Was it fake? The freeze frame shot of him shows it's a small barrel maybe a .22 or even an airsoft.

Cop clearly had a P320.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
link

Injured Cop Saves Man From Exploding Truck. The Rest of His Story Is Like Something From a TV Show.

There’s almost too much good and heroism in San Jose police officer Greg Wharton’s story to fit in one post. His story is like The Rookie TV show come to life.

Greg Wharton doesn’t have to be a cop and he was almost too old to go through police school when he did — for the second time. He suffered an injury on the job in 2011 that became permanent, but he returned to the force within a year. He was laid off from the force once when San Jose, Calif., defunded its police in 2012.

After returning to duty, Wharton and his partner were called to the scene of a burning truck. That was in July 2019. There they found a man having a mental health crisis. They had seconds to act.

Upon arrival at the scene, Officers Perelli and Wright located the 56-year old homeless man near a parked van. They requested that individual step away from the vehicle but the man refused.

They quickly noticed smoke and realized that the vehicle was actually on fire. Instead of cooperating with the police, the man instead attempted to get inside the burning vehicle and managed to clutch to a tire.

Realizing that the man was suffering some sort of mental health crisis, the officer jumped into action.

The vehicle was quickly entirely engulfed in flames and the officers did not have much time. The homeless man still clung to the tire and refused to retreat from the flames. Acting quickly, Officer Wharton fired his taser causing the man to release.

The officers then grabbed the man and dragged him away from the vehicle. Just moments later, the van exploded in the spot the officers and homeless man had just been.

I probably should have mentioned that the burning truck was near an elementary school that was in session. The van was also carrying several propane tanks. After the police officers saved the man, firefighters prevented the explosion from threatening the school.

At that time, Officer Wharton was also Greg Wharton, a very successful tech executive who had sold his Internet start-up. According to his official bio, he was moonlighting as a cop because he wanted to help his community.

At age 29, while working as a senior counsel for a large multi-national technology company, Greg put himself through the Evergreen Regional Police Academy at nights and on weekends to become a Reserve Police Officer in San Jose, CA – the 10th largest city in the country. He graduated first in his class. Greg worked hundreds of uniformed patrol shifts in some of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the city — earning multiple Letters of Commendation — for no pay. His unusual dual life – technology company legal executive and police officer — and devotion to public service was later profiled in a leading California newspaper.

At age 38, after his most recent start-up Internet company had been acquired, instead of resting on his laurels, Greg took an 85% pay-cut and entered the San Jose Police Department’s in-house Police Academy in order to pursue police work full-time as public service. Some of his classmates were Division I athletes and members of elite military units. He was the 3rd oldest recruit to start the rigorous paramilitary program- and the oldest recruit to finish. But Greg did not just finish- he graduated first overall in his class.

Wharton also solved a murder, as a patrol officer.

Like many Californians, Wharton has since moved to Texas. He’s now mayor of The Hills, Texas, a tiny suburb of Austin. Austin, of course, defunded its police in 2020. The mainstream media here put up no resistance to that, but it’s belatedly noticing the death and destruction that putting anti-cop radicals in power is causing.

Austin has hit 48 murders in 2021, matching in 7 months the city’s homicide total across all of 2020. And 2020 was worse than 2019, which was worse than 2018.

Local TV station KVUE investigated (warning: autoplay video at the link) radical Democrat District Attorney Jose Garza’s catch and release policies — first reported in detail by PJ Media — and found a deeply disturbing trend in which criminals are being put back on the streets at a shocking rate.

The KVUE Defenders analyzed hundreds of cases thrown out between March 1 and June 30 of this year. Some of the more serious rejected felony charges include aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, assault of a pregnant woman, aggravated robbery and more.

During the four months analyzed, the Travis County District Attorney’s Office rejected 142 felony cases – a 735% increase from the same timeframe in 2020. Of those, records show 93 state jail drug felony charges were rejected, about two-thirds of the entire list obtained through public records by the Defenders.

Garza is also the DA who came into office promising not to fight for public safety, but to prosecute cops. His pose and attitude have consequences. Crime is skyrocketing and homicides are rising sharply. The defunded APD has fewer cops to solve crimes. The DA and County Attorney Delia Garza are both putting criminals back on the streets according to KVUE.

County Attorney Delia Garza’s office handles misdemeanors and is rejecting them by the hundreds. Records obtained by the Defenders show prosecutors in her office threw out 543 cases from March through June.

“This office is no longer rubber-stamping police arrests. We are looking at them closely. We are looking at them early,” County Attorney Garza said.

About 37% or 202 of the 543 rejected misdemeanor cases were not presented to a judge, as part of the new early case review policy. The policy started March 1 for misdemeanor offenses.

“Instead of creating a situation where somebody could have this record that could affect their housing, student loans, all kinds of things, we’re allowing them to not have that kind of record if, in fact – and a great majority of these cases – would have been rejected down the line,” County Attorney Garza said.

The two prosecutors have no evident regard for crime victims or the cops whose cases they ignore.

Greg Wharton certainly isn’t like every cop on the beat. He’s a tech executive who could choose to sit back enjoy his wealth and status. But his attitude of service to community is a whole lot closer to universal among police than any of the anti-police activists and radicals who are turning our cities into war zones will ever admit.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Amazing photo of the NYPD that came out for Officer Jason Rivera's funeral today.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^That is a lot of cops!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8786 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I heard Officer Rivera's wife speak today. Had to wipe my eyes.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post