SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do Login/Join 
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Abso-friggin'-lutely

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
1000000000000000% YES!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5127 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Buddy of mine is a small town LEO, part time, 3 nights a week rides a cruiser, shift to midnight, then off to his day job.

Told me a couple of "youts" walked by and he rolled the window down to wave, and just got dirty looks.

It's a shame what we're letting the BLM, TV, News and parents, get away with teaching youth that law enforcement is problematic.

Thumbs up to you guys, keep your heads up, all the shit going around is the result of a massive push that's been waiting for a spark.

I assure you there are a lot of us that think all of this is absurd and back those that choose law enforcement...

Posts: 23193 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Well noted Para. Definitely support the service of LEO's.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Minneapolis gonna get interesting if they de-fund the popo.

Maybe a weekend of blue flu would show those idiots what it would be like if that plan went through.

Although, it's not really a plan, as a plan implies the ability to actually think.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30498 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Had that conversation with libtard sister last night...retired mental health social worker.

I suggested that exact experiment...scheduled and announced to the public weeks in advance, a weekend 100% police vacation in Minneapolis.

I asked her would it be like "The Summer of Love" where people peacefully do their own thing and no one gets hurt, or more likely "The Purge"?

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Maybe a weekend of blue flu would show those idiots what it would be like if that plan went through.

Although, it's not really a plan, as a plan implies the ability to actually think.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
^^^ and her response??

Does she think an unarmed social worker in a tank top and broom skirt should walk into a physical domestic between 2 or more people and be expected to mitigate that without harm to anyone??

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37895 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
^^^ and her response??

Does she think an unarmed social worker in a tank top and broom skirt should walk into a physical domestic between 2 or more people and be expected to mitigate that without harm to anyone??

While I don’t know, I think we should try.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37062 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately this is what many of those Democratic cities will be facing.

quote:
Baltimore police stopped noticing crime after Freddie Gray's death. A wave of killings followed.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...-followed/744741002/

I'd love to take a few of those "outraged" kids from their suburb homes and drop them into the middle of Newark or Detroit at midnight with no phone. then let them tell everyone how safe they think they are and how happy they are to be there.

Problems exist. Instead of working on them, they look for someone to blame for their decades of failure and STILL believe the Democrats are the answer to their problems with their pandering.

Funny think is many are getting smart enough to call them on it.

Did they have any memorials for the four officers killed last week? Most responding to crimes against residents of their jurisdiction. Next time those victims will be on their own.
Sad part is many of the residents will become victims.

For all the media showed or rioters and looters, they never make it known the vast majority stayed home being smart enough not to destroy their own city.

While everyone was so outraged, homicides occuried daily in those towns.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Whether they're doing it to avoid the constant criticism or by orders of higher ups, it's not what LE is hired to do.

But if that's what the citizens and politicians want, there's always a few lazy asses that'll do it. It does have the effect of (artificially) reducing crime statistics.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Can’t imagine not being able to turn to the police if I need help.
I have relatives and friendS that are law enforcement, and I hate to think of what they are dealing with right now, trying to keep the peace.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5269 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para, 100% support

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Amen!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I do not make the laws,
I balance the scales
Picture of RiCoShea
posted Hide Post
22 years Deputy Sheriff. Just turned 50.... My job is tough. Tougher now with a pandemic and civil unrest in my County.

You do not know how much we need to hear this.
Thanks Para.

The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them. -
Lois McMaster Bujold

"Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance."
--Sam Brown

Posts: 395 | Location: On the corner of "No" and "Where" | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you to our law enforcement professionals. Your service and sacrifices are so greatly appreciated.

Posts: 548 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I thought this was a good piece, given recent events.

https://www.lawofficer.com/america-we-are-leaving/

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I don't know how you guys do it. You have my utmost gratitude for the job you do.

The liberal disease has eroded the power and strength of Law Enforcement which is a shame.

I wish you guys would get the green light to make examples out of some of the worst offenders. Perhaps that would make these idiots think before acting.

Peaceful protesting is fine but once a window is broken or rock thrown at the Police, the line is crossed and the wrath of God should come down on those fuckers. Sorry, I hate rioters and looters with a passion.

Thank you again for what you do.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5743 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Had that conversation with libtard sister last night...retired mental health social worker.

I suggested that exact experiment...scheduled and announced to the public weeks in advance, a weekend 100% police vacation in Minneapolis.

I asked her would it be like "The Summer of Love" where people peacefully do their own thing and no one gets hurt, or more likely "The Purge"?

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

In areas where the local culture espouses the philosophy of "Snitches get Stitches or Ditches", it doesn't take a PHD to figure out there'd be an "uptick" on property as well as violent crime. Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10184 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
OANN did a rolling scroll of all the US law enforcement officers who have died in 2020...so far.

Gun fire and vehicle collisions being the most common factors. 55 officers: male, female, black, white and every other ethnicity. Truly sad.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I did a quick forum search but didn't see an indication that this had been posted.

In a time when the ridiculous cancel culture is prompted by emotionally charged fools and so many spineless politicians, political pundits, corporations and business owners capitulate to the mindless extreme Left, it is good to see a business owner that not only supports Law Enforcement, but supports them to the extent that he is willing to not only place his own reputation on the line, but also the business his family has worked so hard to create.

As you would expect, he is getting a fair bit of pushback and hate since he came out in support of LE. I believe he has had some social media cancellations as a result of his position.

Ilan Srulovicz is the CEO of Egard watches and I caught an interview with him. He struck me as sincere in his support of LE and his opposition to 1st amendment infringements, and he wrote this commercial in support of LE and the voice you hear is his.

Should any forum members need a watch you might consider supporting this owner and his company.

Egard

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efeVzpMtt1Q

To all LE, whether forum members or not, never forget there are those of us who stand behind the job you do, believe that there is indeed a need for what you do, and we thank you for your service to our communities.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post