SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Amen. Thx for your service

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
attributed to George Orwell: "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Thanks for the post, Parabellum.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Yes. Thank you for wearing the Badge!!

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
98% of the men and women who chose to be officers are amazing people. If only we focused on what they do every day.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para.

Posts: 276 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the support guys and gals. Sometimes its hard to maintain your cool or keep it all inside. Here's a tribute video I like, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RQeCVDlIlQ

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
This thread could use a bump right about now.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para and everyone else on Sigforum for your support.
It is National Police Week and we are wearing our mourning bands for the fallen during this week from May 10th to May 16th.
Too many fine Officers have died in the line of duty in my 30 years of service. Video of 3 Officers on my Dept who died in the line of duty during my time on the Dept. I worked with all three of them and considered Stuart as a friend.

https://youtu.be/Rp4sS6Qvfig
https://youtu.be/YvNMRA_TxqY

https://youtu.be/57vXx68Io3g

This message has been edited. Last edited by: m58,

Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo

Posts: 126 | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Giving props and support to rank and file LEOs across the nation. These are the tough times, hang in there.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree more. Thank you all for the jobs you do. Know that you are extremely appreciated.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
Absolutely! Where would we be without law enforcement? Prayers for their safety!

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree more. The job has become thankless and unappreciated in many parts of the country but will always be supported by me.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I just left the grocery store. I was putting my items on the conveyor belt when I noticed a man behind me with only 2 items. I told him to go ahead of me.

He replied I'm retired, got plenty of time, thanks but I'll wait.

As I got out to my car to put my groceries in he walked up next to me, turns out he was parked in front of me, and told me to have a good day and be safe. I returned that.

Then he turned back to me, paused and said, very emphatically, I'm a retired cop and I'm so glad I'm not working the streets anymore.

I wished him a safe day, thanked him, and we went our separate days.

I can't imagine the shit cops go through, even just something as simple as getting a meal while on duty and in uniform and getting the treatment they do.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
None of my Arkansas neighbors know I retired back in 2001.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great appreciation from behind enemy lines, stay safe out there.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Thank you to all Law Enforcement for being there when we need you the most.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
The men in blue are truly the hero's of our communities. Thank you for your unselfish contribution.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I just finished a phone call to my BFF cop friend about an hour north. He's seen some peaceful protesting but no rioting in the town he works. I had called to see how he was doing.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I was just reminded by a friend, of the 4 Lakewood Washington Officers who were shot and killed in a coffee shop some time back. I dont recall there being any marches or riots in their honor. I had honestly, too easily forgot about them. May we find a way to be better as a people.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post