SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The wait is finally over. RGrizzle holster arrived today!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The wait is finally over. RGrizzle holster arrived today!!! Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
Back a few months ago I ordered a new holster from Ryan and Kay. It’s one of Ryan’s specialty holsters, the "War Pig". It’s an OWB that has loops that can be attached to make it an IWB if necessary.
I have an old War Pig for my P228 and love it. So I picked up one for the Kimber Micro 9.

This one was kind of a special one as my wife and I just moved and changed our lives around a lot. So I had it made with Horsehide and accented with Elephant.

Ryan picked out a damn fine piece of horsehide with exceptional marbling. It was dyed to a perfect shade of light brown, and the black elephant looks amazing.

It holds the gun quite nicely, and when worn OWB, it completely disappears. When my wife came home I hopped in the car and we went grocery shopping. She had no idea I was carrying.

Ryan does fantastic work and I just wanted to share my experience with everyone here.

Ryan and Kay, if you read this, thank you very much for another amazing holster. God Bless.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That is beautiful!

My RGrizzle is over ten years old and still my daily carry holster for my P229. A little worn, well a lot worn, but still functions perfectly.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is a true craftsman. I have two of his, and every stitch is near perfect.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
My addiction to RGrizzle holsters is nearly as bad as my addiction to Sigs. I have 5 of his holsters. All top quality IMO.

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely beautiful, as you say, the marveling is very nice.
Elephant is my favorite exotic leather.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
'sokay, if you like that handcrafted leather quality kinda thing. Whatever....

Big Grin

Great looking holster, congrats.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I just got word mine is the queue for construction. It should be here in a week or two!

Mine is plainer than yours - an OWB for the range.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Looks like I need to get in the queue for a holster or two or three! Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
That is beautiful!

My RGrizzle is over ten years old and still my daily carry holster for my P229. A little worn, well a lot worn, but still functions perfectly.

Which model do you have? I have a P229 that I’d like to carry more comfortably.

Posts: 988 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have three of Ryan’s holsters. I think my favorite for EDC is the Georgia Snap 2 which is what I have for my Nano (shown). Ryan does excellent work!!!

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
I have 4 of his holsters, and my front pocket P938 is my favorite. My good friend Ken just ordered a Country Boy, so the queue got a bit longer this week.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Man that looks nice! Is that the mahogany color? I think I might get a War Pig for my 226. I like the option to have IWB or OWB in one package.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
Man that looks nice! Is that the mahogany color? I think I might get a War Pig for my 226. I like the option to have IWB or OWB in one package.

The War Pig is the best if both worlds. I almost always carry OWB, and you’re basically carrying a Country Boy.
When you want IWB, you have that luxury as well.
It’s honestly the best holster I have ever used.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post