SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayers for my pup please **update :)**
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayers for my pup please **update :)** Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Any updates today?

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your thoughts and concern. I am happy to say he is home. He is quiet, but clearly happy to be home. His well being will remain our focus. He is eating and enjoyed some time laying in the yard.

I was so blessed to get coverage for work so I could pick him up early this afternoon.

And thank you, lbj for your offer to host a picture. I haven't been able to pick one, yet Smile. You are very kind

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Prayers on the way

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1520 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update. Glad to hear he is home.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers Sent.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
That's great news! I'm glad he's happy and I'm sure you're feeling some relief as well.

Best wishes!!

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear your pooch is going through this. I hope the vet figures out the magic formula of meds to get some relief soon.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you both. It's so hard when they aren't well.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for your family and your pup
quote:
Originally posted by katndog:
My 12 year old Maltese has been in the hospital since Saturday with heart failure. There have been alot of ups and downs this week. When his systolic pressure (first number) went to 56 (normal ~120) I thought I was going to have to put him to sleep today. But he rallied. We just want him home for as long as he'll be comfortable. Being in an oxygen cage all week has been hard on him.

His pressure is up to 100 this evening and we pray he can come out of oxygen and come home. I want him to feel the dirt under his paws and the sun on his face.

I am not good at posting pictures, and my husband/IT support is away - but you can see my little guy in my avatar. All prayers and good thoughts welcomed

Posts: 30 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this; my pup is 14YO. Good thoughts and prayers sent.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent to you and your sweet boy.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
Enjoy every moment. I still miss my shelter kitty, gone one year ago this month, from a recurrence of a lymphosarcoma. We watched Karen Backer's videos about knowing when it was time to say goodbye, and I still miss her so, although my wife has moved on with a new rescue kitty. May God bless you and give you and your pooch strength and peace.

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
NMPinNYC, I'm sorry for your loss. It is the only hard part to loving an animal.

Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts. We had another nice day and even got to enjoy our morning walk at the park Smile

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that he is doing better. I know I would gladly give my animals some years off the end of my life if I could lengthen their lives.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent, best of luck.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
Update:

Happy to report, Shorty has been home for over 10 days. And he is doing great. He has the bounce in his step, eating well and enjoying his walks in the park. And his respiratory rate has gone down nicely.

Thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I do believed all of that has helped, and I am forever grateful

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by katndog:
Update:

Happy to report, Shorty has been home for over 10 days. And he is doing great. He has the bounce in his step, eating well and enjoying his walks in the park. And his respiratory rate has gone down nicely.

Thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I do believed all of that has helped, and I am forever grateful

woohoo!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent news! Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Excellent news!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Yay!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post