SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    World Cup 2018...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World Cup 2018... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steyn:
With all due respect, my friend, no civilized country cares. Soccer is the sport of the utmost imbecile crowds. It rewards thuggery more than football, basketball and rugby combined. Look at the countries which dominate the sport: all sub-standard bleep-holes.

This former Brazilian could not care less. And wishes no one does.

There is always one.

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE !!!

Roll Eyes

To the OP - because the US isn't in it - I haven't followed as much as I usually do.

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Take it easy, guys, he apologized and we're all playing nice now.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I’ll be watching

I love soccer.

As does the whole damn family

My 12 year old just got invited to play for a national premier league team that sent every member of their senior squad to college on a soccer scholarship

8 years ago, when Landon Donovan put that ball in the back of the net in 92nd minute I was sitting with my mom at the UVA cancer center as she died...she jumped up and screamed so loud she set off her monitor. All the doctors came running and when they saw what happened they weren’t even mad...we all jumped together

No USA hurts....but it won’t diminish my passion for the beautiful game

The World Cup is THE bucket list sports event for me

That, and watching my boys play (my oldest is a former goalie...but is now 6’8 having just turned 16, and is a division 1 basketball recruit...he will end up in 6’10 range...basketball seemed like the natural transition from soccer...but when every scout asks me where he got his footwork, I tell them he played soccer until 6th grade, and they all say “ahhh, that explains it”)

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I closely follow the NWSL. Thorns!

Men's game though is not interesting anywhere near as the ladies. They play hard.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Germany gets Mexico right out of the gate and Spain v Portugal keeps it interesting....

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

The World Cup is THE bucket list sports event for me

Maybe if USA-Canada-Mexico get the 2026 bid I'd go, but the one country-one vote Blatter led corruption that got Russia and Qatar their World Cup hosting has and will keep me from those countries. If Morocco wins the bid next week for 2026, we'll know Blatter was only part of the problem.

Germany, Brasil, Spain, France and agree with Belgium as a dark horse.

Messi can't carry Argentina again, especially with the latest injuries.

Speaking of Messi, THIS was my bucket list futbol moment - seeing him score twice live at the Camp Nou.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
So excited and I think Germany repeats as champion

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:

have then been doing better than in the euros?

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Since the US is out I have not been following. I do hope that a team with skill, athleticism, and a sense of fair play wins. Not the germans!! Last WC their 'strategy' was to kick someone in the shins when the opposing team got up some momentum. Fucking square-heads.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelsig229:
quote:
Originally posted by Steyn:
With all due respect, my friend, no civilized country cares. Soccer is the sport of the utmost imbecile crowds. It rewards thuggery more than football, basketball and rugby combined. Look at the countries which dominate the sport: all sub-standard bleep-holes.

This former Brazilian could not care less. And wishes no one does.

You have no business in this thread. Truly, with all due respect, go fuck yourself.

Hit the brakes, dude. Try reading the thread before posting something like that. Roll Eyes

Besides, he said "with all due respect." Wink

In regards to soccer, let me know when the women are playing.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
...Spain v Portugal keeps it interesting....

Could be quite interesting. Spain just sacked their head coach, Julen Lopetegui, because he took the Real Madrid gig. The Spanish team's sporting director, Frenando Hierro, will coach Spain for the WC.
Link

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
USA-Mexico-Canada will host 2026. Thumping 2-1 winning ratio over Morocco.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
USA-Mexico-Canada will host 2026. Thumping 2-1 winning ratio over Morocco.

Great news.

I went to six World Cup games back in 1994.

The highlight for me was USA vs Brazil on July 4th.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3456 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry Pat, I have none interest in soccer. It’s great for little kids as it gets them an hour of running around

Sports that frequently end in ties especially a 0-0 tie is a waste of time to me. And then penalty kicks. Yay. No thanks.

However i must add, I was in my early 20’s living in San Jose back when it was here in early 90s. And the partying in palo alto and Los gatos was legit. Those Latina girls are something else.

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Yes...they were hot Brazilians.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3456 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Game #1... 5-0 Russia over Saudi Arabia

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
Game #1... 5-0 Russia over Saudi Arabia

Wasn't really a game. Now, tomorrow, Spain vs. Portugal. Bring it!

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:

have then been doing better than in the euros?

They made the semi finals? Werner will be a difference maker and he wasn’t on the 2016 Euro championship roster.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Explain to me again how the competition is better with teams like saudi arabia in and sides like Italy or USA are not?

Fifa completely ruined the tournie with their new qualification system.

There are so many weak clubs in the tournie. The scores will be more like baseball games rather then soccer games.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelsig229:
Explain to me again how the competition is better with teams like saudi arabia in and sides like Italy or USA are not?

Fifa completely ruined the tournie with their new qualification system.

There are so many weak clubs in the tournie. The scores will be more like baseball games rather then soccer games.

What were the rule changes ?

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat