SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    World Cup 2018...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World Cup 2018... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:

Courtois made a great save at the end of stoppage time. Now I know why my daughter won't play collegiate goalie. There's not enough in her 5'3" frame to reach the top of the goal.

how old is she?

maybe not D1 - there is D2 / D3 ...

of course the issue also is rosters only keep a couple / 3 goalies with usually one getting the bulk of the PT

it's a tough position to play 'roster-wise'

-------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I'm still going to have to actually see Belgium beat Brazil before I'll believe it.

Well, I seed it.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Great day. Come on croatia and sweden.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Great day. Come on croatia
Yes
quote:
and sweden.
NO!

Razz

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9688 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Haha, well i want the easier game dor croatia mike. Big Grin

Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
England Sweden game time...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Clean game so far.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 9688 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Does Amheiser Busch have brewing facilities in Europe? Seems like shipping beer across the ocean would be prohibitively expensive. I also find it hard to believe the World Cup fans are enjoying American piss..?

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Russia Croatia game time...

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Common Croatia!

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Said it before, I'll say it again: "I HATE PENALTY SHOOT OUTS! Frown Frown

Still..... Big Grin

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My hamstring is tightening after watching that one...
Is Croatia gonna have enough gas in the tank to play England?

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
After that game I don't know if Croatia will have enough healthy bodies to beat England.

Russia plays an ugly style of soccer, but I have to give them credit for the style being effective.

The Brazilian/Russian went from hero to zero by missing the PK Frown Smile

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Thats a good point. 4 days. Lets hope so. I am always amazed at modric and how well he plays. Croatia needs a striker bad which will be an issue vs england.

Perhaps england will get all spursy on them. If im england i may drop vardy uo front for the first half just to wear them down.

PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Does Amheiser Busch have brewing facilities in Europe? Seems like shipping beer across the ocean would be prohibitively expensive. I also find it hard to believe the World Cup fans are enjoying American piss..?

Anheiser Bush is owned by InBev (Netherlands). They are the largest beer company in the world. They can afford to ship it if it isn’t brewed there.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Here's my thoughts on the Semi Finals.

Belgium vs France...I want Belgium to win but I'm not sure they will. It will be an epic match. France has a great team and Belgium has a great team.

Croatia vs England...Before today I thought Croatia would be in the finals but they were beat up physically in todays game. England had a easier game.

If I were pressed right now I would say England France final.

The round of 16 and 8 were easy to call for me with the exception of Russia over Spain. The Semi's not so much.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
Croatia vs England...Before today I thought Croatia would be in the finals but they were beat up physically in todays game. England had a easier game.

If anything Croatia will have the mental fortitude having played a meat grinder of a schedule so far. England has a ton of momentum and some lucky breaks (need all you can get) so far. Wed is going to be interesting to see who shows up.

Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
For me I have France over Belgium - either, though, will be the eventual winner overall. England over Croatia. Croatia is spent, physically. England has too many horses waiting to run. I like starting Rashford and Vardy for 60 minutes, sending long balls for them to run under, and to wear down the D. Afterward, Kane and Sterling to simply put the ball in. This won't work against France/Belgium, but it'll get England to the final.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I will root for the winner of England - Croatia in the final but, frankly, will be happy with whoever wins at this point. None of the teams I didn't want to succeed have made it this far. Big Grin

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Bump for Semi finals

NRA Life Member