SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    World Cup 2018...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World Cup 2018... Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Suarez is such a fucking prima Donna.

People that aren’t into soccer are like, hey, maybe I will check out the World Cup, and the first thing they see on the first full day is the whiny floppy bitch and are like “nope, that’s why I don’t like it.”

Ugh

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Suarez is such a fucking prima Donna.

I keep hoping someone will knock Suarez's teeth down his throat. Hopefully he bites the wrong guy one day.

Looking forward to Spain and Portugal today. Smile

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Spain Portugal was a good game today.

Spain 3...Ronaldo 3

Spains goalie should have made the save on the second goal.

Morocco blew it with the own goal so Iran got lucky.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3452 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelsig229:
Explain to me again how the competition is better with teams like saudi arabia in and sides like Italy or USA are not?

Fifa completely ruined the tournie with their new qualification system.

There are so many weak clubs in the tournie. The scores will be more like baseball games rather then soccer games.

What were the rule changes ?

FIFA expanded the groupings to increase the number of countries participating. They changed some of the grouping rules in order to allow new countries (like Saudi Arabia and Iran to name two) with weaker leagues and more losses to have a "fairer" chance to qualify. That left 3 or 4 groups, with 3 some times 4 world class teams to fight it out in qualification. Due to more teams being admitted in, they also had to make it so that some of the groups third place teams were allowed into the tournament from the qualifier rounds.

So some teams that only had 1 point advanced while other teams with 4 did not. That is obscene, especially considering the teams with 4 points played a superior strength of schedule.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Spain 3...Ronaldo 3

De Gea's form never seems to be as good wearing a Spain shirt as opposed to a Man U one.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3422 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
But damn...his hair is fantastic

I saw Man U lose to Barcelona in an international friendly last year on what ended up being Neymar’s last competittive goal for Barca. The only reason the score wasn’t worse is De Gea stood on his head in the first half to stop the onslaught of Messi, Suarez, and Neymar when the Man U defense broke down, which it did continuously until Neymar finally broke through.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:

Spain 3...Ronaldo 3

De Gea's form never seems to be as good wearing a Spain shirt as opposed to a Man U one.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Saturday results:

France 2-1 Australia

Argentina 1-1 Iceland

Denmark 1-0 Peru

Croatia 2-0 Nigeria

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3452 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Iceland's keeper played lights out. That save on Messi PK was awesome.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Son and I watched the Denmark-Peru game...some excellent stops by the Denmark keeper...surprised that after his 2nd flying knee to the ribs, Kvist didn’t lay into Farfan...

Posts: 713 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Explain to me again how the competition is better with teams like saudi arabia in and sides like Italy or USA are not?

Fifa completely ruined the tournie with their new qualification system.

There are so many weak clubs in the tournie. The scores will be more like baseball games rather then soccer games.

What were the rule changes ?

FIFA expanded the groupings to increase the number of countries participating. They changed some of the grouping rules in order to allow new countries (like Saudi Arabia and Iran to name two) with weaker leagues and more losses to have a "fairer" chance to qualify. That left 3 or 4 groups, with 3 some times 4 world class teams to fight it out in qualification. Due to more teams being admitted in, they also had to make it so that some of the groups third place teams were allowed into the tournament from the qualifier rounds.

So some teams that only had 1 point advanced while other teams with 4 did not. That is obscene, especially considering the teams with 4 points played a superior strength of schedule.

Want to know what globalism is like? Look at FIFA and the International Olympics Committee.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20291 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Germany-0, Mexico-1
RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20291 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Germany-0, Mexico-1
RMD

I should be happy about the result but I'm not.

I just don't like Mexico. They are poor losers with no class.

Now it's time for Brazil Switzerland...

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Oh, they suck (see my comments about Estadio Azteca burning to the ground in this and other threads). But it does promise a more wide open Cup, and it does provide a hint that if we can get a decent team together for the next Cup then we aren't necessarily dead meat if we run into Germany in the first round.

I kinda wonder if the whole "We're Germans! But we're Turks! But we're kinda pretty much German in a really Turkish way!" thing is messing with the German team.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Did you guys see Senegal's second goal against Poland today ?

I've never seen that before. The player was off the field then ran on during the flow of play, picked off the back pass and scored.

Tough break for Poland

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you guys see Senegal's second goal against Poland today ?

I've never seen that before. The player was off the field then ran on during the flow of play, picked off the back pass and scored.

Tough break for Poland

No, Ive never seen such a thing.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9665 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Embarrassing game for Argentina, Croatia ate their lunch. There must be some serious turmoil going on in that locker room. It's pretty bad when you leave without shaking hands.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9665 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
The Costa Ricans are pretty good, but if they manage to beat Brazil tomorrow then I'm going to wonder what in the heck is going on. How did they only tie Switzerland?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Embarrassing game for Argentina, Croatia ate their lunch. There must be some serious turmoil going on in that locker room. It's pretty bad when you leave without shaking hands.

Croatia has a good team. Not 3-0 good against argentina since they lack a finisher but there are a lot of good soccer players that come out of such a small nation. Oh shit, im biased, hrvatska!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:

Croatia has a good team. Not 3-0 good against argentina since they lack a finisher but there are a lot of good soccer players that come out of such a small nation. Oh shit, im biased, hrvatska!

I’ve probably only watched 3 full soccer games in my life and never really liked the sport, but I watched the first part of this game because it was on and I was bored and it seemed like Argentina made some silly mistakes and should have scored a couple times before I quit watching. When I quit it was still 0-0.

Maybe that’s just my lack of experience playing and watching the game though.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15248 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Soccer?

Posts: 13665 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post