SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stock Market Bargains and the Virus
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock Market Bargains and the Virus Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
That little commie fuck, I was wondering what happened.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I won't be surprised if the dinosaur goes extinct.
Accidentally or otherwise, won't surprise me a bit.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of porterdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
the question is -- is the 'new normal' earnings reality already 'baked into' the market?

Or will we see another major series of drops when earnings season arrives and the earnings reports are abysmal?

My counter question: Which would be more advantageous for those who have the ability to affect market gyrations?

(Hint: Lots of big money that loves volatility)

Is your government serving you?

Posts: 1271 | Location: Detroit (Rock City!) | Registered: September 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by porterdog:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
the question is -- is the 'new normal' earnings reality already 'baked into' the market?

Or will we see another major series of drops when earnings season arrives and the earnings reports are abysmal?

My counter question: Which would be more advantageous for those who have the ability to affect market gyrations?

(Hint: Lots of big money that loves volatility)

The stimulus is just going to be a bump in the market, followed by it dropping again from what everyone is telling me. The stimulus looks like it's going to cost businesses in the long run (higher unemployment taxes). Majority businesses are going to have really down quarters most likely through the entire year. Many consumers are either out of a job, or have a huge income loss from this and will be spending their income in the future paying bills they can't pay now. Many many sectors and industries are negatively effected by this AND nobody knows when the financial bleeding is going to end.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boo fucking hoo. Shit happens, this is life, bad shit happens, wars, terrorism, plagues, the rise and fall of civilizations. We can work through it and keep moving along, or we can moan like bitches about how we need help from our masters, and how bad shit is.

Take a look at pictures from the great depression, or the men that survived the Batan death march. Think about the men that lived through the civil war, or the people that starved to death trying to reach California, and these are just the tip of the iceberg, throughout history the common trait seems to be great suffering, and even right now we are certainly not suffering. Buy stock, sell stock, make money loose money, I am pretty sure no one reading this will miss many meals. Hug your kids, fuck your wives, enjoy the vacation in your heated, possibly air conditioned home, that has running water and electricity, and get ready to go back to work. Or suck on the .gov tit and bitch about how the rest of us are not taking care of you well enough.

Posts: 1788 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lot of green on the board today

curious to see if this 'back to work after Easter' concept works re. the economy

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So thanks to the 1,351 gain in the Dow yesterday, CNBC says we are technically in a bull market. The futures this morning are showing a possible drop of 700 points this morning.

A fellow could get whiplash.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2180 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
A fellow could get whiplash.[/QUOTE]

If only dumb enough to spend time chasing the yoyo. Find something productive to do.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I think that we can only expect volatility going forward until the situation stabilizes.

Up one day down the next.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to focus on solid income stocks beaten down by this and offering very attractive yields. Have my eye on OKE today.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I'm trying to focus on solid income stocks beaten down by this and offering very attractive yields. Have my eye on OKE today.

Thats a good one. I was looking at Chesapeake Energy too. It's like 17 cents a share. If it ever gets back to even average price of $30ish, it could be a millionaire maker.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

Thats a good one. I was looking at Chesapeake Energy too. It's like 17 cents a share. If it ever gets back to even average price of $30ish, it could be a millionaire maker.

Don't hold your breath.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chesapeake Energy

At this stage they are busting their asses to simply avoid bankruptcy.

I'm already bleeding from trying to catch this falling knife and don't want to loose even more.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I bought a little Kinder Morgan KMI, since it is finally reasonably valued. This morning I saw a Pundit on the TV saying that some inland oil producers are not currently selling oil - they have to pay someone to take it.

It may not be the bottom in the oil patch.

But I still have a limit order in to buy CVX at $50. It was $52 on 3/19/20 but I just missed it. I suspect my limit order will go off next week even though CVX is trading at $72 this morning.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2180 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I don't know much about the stocks but I'm picking up a little more silver (1964 kennedy's). $7.07 per coin didn't seem too bad.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I've found that the only people making money on silver are those that are involved in actively trading it (not that there's anything wrong with that). Silver has been trading sideways since 2015 or so. I had a few thousand dollars in physical coins, but finally gave up and sold them. YMMV

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, I chose the wrong time yesterday to finally jump back into the market. I even bought some Delta (DAL) stock. Oops.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
With the potential high reward, come the associated potential high risk.

This market isn't for the feint of heart. People who make money from this will likely just be 'lucky' rather than good.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Well, I chose the wrong time yesterday to finally jump back into the market. I even bought some Delta (DAL) stock. Oops.

I jumped back in, last week. Time will tell.
Spin the wheel, take your chances.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
Purchased SYY (Sysco corp) a couple of weeks ago (after seeing the CEO on Fox business). Was up as much as 49%, today only up 20%. Not sure how long I will keep it - but it's been doing pretty good.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post