SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Home Surveillance System
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home Surveillance System Login/Join 
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I haven't had time to fiddle with this again. I will update when I do, hopefully this weekend.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
One big issue with my PC is it is just old.
Going the DVR/NVR route would likely save me some money I could put towards came.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
So I finally got around to mucking with the settings this last weekend. Right now it's blowing and snowing with 5 cams recording and the CPU is sitting at ~45%. Major improvement.

I changed to direct to disk recording in Blue Iris. On each cam, I set the IFrame interval to the lowest FPS setting for that cam, 25 from 50 for 7 cams, and 30 from 60 for one.

Thanks SM Shulz for the tweaks and link. It is working much better now!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
So I finally got around to mucking with the settings this last weekend. Right now it's blowing and snowing with 5 cams recording and the CPU is sitting at ~45%. Major improvement.

I changed to direct to disk recording in Blue Iris. On each cam, I set the IFrame interval to the lowest FPS setting for that cam, 25 from 50 for 7 cams, and 30 from 60 for one.

Thanks SM Shulz for the tweaks and link. It is working much better now!

I tweaked mine as well a while back and got my CPU usage way down as well.
I am kicking around 19% most of the time but only have 2 cams. As I add more I'll see where it goes and decide if I do the NVR or another PC.

I also added better lighting outside and pulled the night vision off. Get better video doing that.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post