SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Full Size SUV will the wife choose?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Full Size SUV will the wife choose? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
FINALLY, my wife has come to the realization that a full size is what she needs. Yup, the one day a week she parks in the parking structure it will be a little more of a pain but she can just go all the way to the top level and have plenty of room.

Tomorrow is our first day off together (minus Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Day) since September.

Found a dealer 40 miles away that actually has all the vehicles we are looking at.

Personally I am pulling for the Sequoia. Sure it is slightly dated and low on the creature comforts but will last forever.

I am going to guess she goes for the Yukon Denali. Though she is a huge Toyota fan so we’ll see.
I am not sure any of the specific ones we drive tomorrow will actually be the one we get. The Sequoia and Armada are both black. We are on a gravel lane multiple times a week and nearly impossible to keep black clean. The Denali is called Crystal Red Tintcoat kind of a weird color for a big SUV but really enjoy the deep throaty sound of that 6.2L. The only thing I dislike about my Expedition is there is no way to have an enjoyable exhaust note from the 3.5L V6 twin turbo.

She gets full say on which she wants.

Question:
So what does she choose?

Choices:
Toyota Sequoia
Nissan Armada
Yukon/Tahoe

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Her choice honored. I hope she goes for the Sequoia as well.
Recently my boss chose a Honda CRV, over my recommended Toyota Highlander. She's been a huge fan of Honda over the years but is very disappointed with her choice of the CRV. At least it was her choice. Smile

Posts: 3239 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am going to say Nissan, GM and then Toyota Wink.

I too would go Toyota, Nissan and then GM.

The big VW or Subu are not in the size range you feel you need?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The one in need of big baller rims.

Preferably spinners.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I voted for the Sequoia even though it uses fuel. If she goes Toyota, anything but black and, I hope you upgrade to those way cool seats previously mentioned. The big GM would be my second choice. I've seen a lot of ladies liking the Yukon and Suburban. Beautiful vehicles they are. One lady here in Richwood damn near run my little Sienna over in her brand new Suburban... Big Grin. She likes the throttle. Not a Nissan fan.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Recently drove an Armada...fastest SUV I’ve ever driving in. Thing has BALLS.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I am going to say Nissan, GM and then Toyota Wink.

I too would go Toyota, Nissan and then GM.

The big VW or Subu are not in the size range you feel you need?

Nope not with 3 car seats. Plan to keep this awhile the boys are only getting bigger and hopefully sometime soon a dog will he added to the mix.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

Had to take a peak because my Expedition is quick for it’s size

Armada 6.3 0-60
Expedition 6.4 0-60

————————————————

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

Armada 6.3 0-60
Expedition 6.4 0-60

Hmm. I have an 2019 expedition right now, it’s fast and powerful and I love it. But man, that Armada felt much faster. The one thing that sucked about it was the rear seat blocking the rear view mirror. It was a rental, so I didn’t try and see if I could remove it.

I just remember getting annoyed whenever I had to look.

I’d go expedition though.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I voted for the Toyota Sienna.

Oh, wait....

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prices on the Tahoe / Yukon should be very competitive with the major changes being announced for the 2021 models. Independent rear suspension, more interior space, AT4 model in the Yukon.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Armada 6.3 0-60
Expedition 6.4 0-60

Hmm. I have an 2019 expedition right now, it’s fast and powerful and I love it. But man, that Armada felt much faster. The one thing that sucked about it was the rear seat blocking the rear view mirror. It was a rental, so I didn’t try and see if I could remove it.

I have a 2018 Expedition. There is NO way an Armada is faster.

That being said, the brand new Explorer is one hell of a vehicle.

She's going to want the Bentley Bentayga of course! Big Grin

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
If it’s not, it’s pretty damn close. I was impressed.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't buy Nissan right now. Seems like they are struggling as a company in the US.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Nissan is a Fing Pig on gas.
Yukon Denali, and in the cranberry color it is really sharp looking.

If I can opine, get the power running boards. I didn't on my escalade. I got the fixed ones. They are about 2 inches higher off the ground and the power ones make it significantly easier to get in and out of the vehicle, especially for short people, and old people. Kids don't matter, they climb up anything

Congrats!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
As an owner of a 2018 Yukon Denali, my vote is biased but I think it’s the best rig on the list.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Mercedes Sprinter Van.

4x4 Diesel. Do it.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Armada 6.3 0-60
Expedition 6.4 0-60

Nissan fixed the issue in 2018 for the Platinum models (the trim we would get as captains chairs are not available in lower trims) you flip the rearview mirror down and it switches to video of the rear

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/0ZDccyjN7qM

Expedition is not in the running. My wife does not want the same vehicle as me. I can understand that.

quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
Nissan is a Fing Pig on gas.
Yukon Denali, and in the cranberry color it is really sharp looking.

If I can opine, get the power running boards. I didn't on my escalade. I got the fixed ones. They are about 2 inches higher off the ground and the power ones make it significantly easier to get in and out of the vehicle, especially for short people, and old people. Kids don't matter, they climb up anything

Congrats!

My Expedition is lifted 2” on 33s mind you so we are used to the climb.

Like anything the more doodads the more things to fix down the road and all these doodads are expensive especially those power running boards which seem to have a lot of issues.

Personally I like less stuff. I bought the XLT model Expedition strictly because I don’t want all that stuff. So the Toyota being a bit dated does not bother me.

The Denali in the reddish color is sharp in a way not sure if it would get old though.
Not sure how clean it would stay.

Dark grey or silver are the top color choices for her plus they hide dirt well.

————————————————

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Mercedes Sprinter Van.

4x4 Diesel. Do it.

Yes.

YEEEES!

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
My wife has a Yukon SLT and loves it. I drive it from time to time and its a solid vehicle. Hers has the 5.3 liter and does just fine. That 6.2 in the Denali should be even better.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post