SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Full Size SUV will the wife choose?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Full Size SUV will the wife choose? Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
Go with the Toyota. Stay away from Nissan. Just got rid of a Nissan Murano. Lots of issues . Mostly electrical which could of been very costly but traded it before the warranty was over. Will never have another Nissan vehicle. By the way traded the Nissan for a Toyota Highlander. I've got 20,000 on the HL already and I'm very pleased.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
Go with the Toyota. Stay away from Nissan. Just got rid of a Nissan Murano. Lots of issues . Mostly electrical which could of been very costly but traded it before the warranty was over. Will never have another Nissan vehicle. By the way traded the Nissan for a Toyota Highlander. I've got 20,000 on the HL already and I'm very pleased.

If Toyota had a long wheelbase model it would be a no brainer. But the extra space of the Suburban/Yukon XL is a big plus.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
Her choice honored. I hope she goes for the Sequoia as well.
Recently my boss chose a Honda CRV, over my recommended Toyota Highlander. She's been a huge fan of Honda over the years but is very disappointed with her choice of the CRV. At least it was her choice. Smile

What was the problem with the CRV? My wife is getting ready to buy the CRV Touring.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
quote:
Recently my boss chose a Honda CRV, over my recommended Toyota Highlander. She's been a huge fan of Honda over the years but is very disappointed with her choice of the CRV. At least it was her choice. Smile

What was the problem with the CRV? My wife is getting ready to buy the CRV Touring.

They had issues with oil contamination in the engine, mixing with fuel IIRC. Only on the 1.5T engine. Not sure if that only affected early MYs of the new gen CRV.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
quote:

They had issues with oil contamination in the engine, mixing with fuel IIRC. Only on the 1.5T engine. Not sure if that only affected early MYs of the new gen CRV.

Thank you. This is a 2020 with the turbo engine so I assume the issue has been resolved.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Whatever she decides on congrats!

Is it just me, it seems like you guys are constantly selling/trading vehicles?

We have had the Highlander for 7 years would love to keep it just have outgrown it.
The Van we got rid of at a year it just flat sucked. Been in the Expedition almost 3 years now.

We do not have a winner yet.
The Armada was nixed immediately! We did not even drive it. There is absolutely no room in the 3rd row. With me sitting in the 3rd row one could not even fold the 2nd row seat into place.

The Tahoe/Yukon had acceptable room in the 3rd row but way too little cargo space behind the 3rd row only 15” to the Armada’s 21”.

The Sequoia gave the most comfortable seating in the 3rd row and still had 20” behind the 3rd row for cargo.

Very much to my surprise my wife looked at me and said I think we are going to have to go big or go home!!!!!!
https://www.neilhuffmangmfrank...-KY/3551290843#close

She is still debating. She like the Sequoia but is afraid it will be small in the end.

The Yukon XL Denali is pretty slick but we don’t really need the 6.2L motor, I don’t want 22” wheels.
So I’ll shop some more but my guess is she will settle on the Suburban or the Yukon XL.
That thing is a beauty.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
You could always get her this. It’ll check all the boxes, and then some. It is a tad but big though.

https://www.conquestvehicles.com/knight-xv.html

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
quote:
But the extra space of the Suburban/Yukon XL is a big plus.

The Suburban/Yukon XL is hard to beat for a family with kids. We kept a Suburban for 14 years. It was great with 3 kids. Now that our kids have left the house, smaller vehicles have been nice.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
a car guy told me that Suburbans can run close to $100k new and a couple years later sell for $40k ouch Eek
Maybe look for a newer lower mileage used one?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
a car guy told me that Suburbans can run close to $100k new and a couple years later sell for $40k ouch Eek
Maybe look for a newer lower mileage used one?

Looking at 16-18 models around $40k buying these new or almost any vehicle new is a dumb idea.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Damn shame Ford dropped the Excursion. My wife would have one in a heartbeat if they were still available. Have you looked at the Lexus LX 570? Same as the big Toyota, probably a few more gadgets. Slow seller, so they give huge discounts new, and may be as cheap or cheaper than the Toy used. Just a thought...

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
I wouldn't buy Nissan right now. Seems like they are struggling as a company in the US.

I would like to second this. I have several buds working in the Nashville plant. The atmosphere is pretty grim right now. I've got to think that affects quality.

It isn't toxic yet but it hadn't been great for a while

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Watergoat:
Damn shame Ford dropped the Excursion. My wife would have one in a heartbeat if they were still available. Have you looked at the Lexus LX 570? Same as the big Toyota, probably a few more gadgets. Slow seller, so they give huge discounts new, and may be as cheap or cheaper than the Toy used. Just a thought...

Please let me know where I can buy a new LX570 for around $40k

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
3rd Row will always be in use.

Yet another reason I suggested Sub or Yuk XL. Glad to see your bride is wise lady!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12416 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased a Ford Flex, back in 2012, and have had exactly two issues with it, in 8+ years of ownership. One of the front headlight HID bulbs burned out, and the rear window washer pump went T/U (covered under warranty). This year (2019) is the last year of production, and there are some tremendous deals on this vehicle. Check out cargurus or autotrader. The Limited edition can be had, with low mileage, for an exceptionally good price these days. My family has all loved this car. Good luck.
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/...62#listing=258648770

Posts: 591 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Maybe its a regional thing but Suburbans,Yukons, etc. Hold there value quite well here in the West. The "some guy told me" stuff is certainly not true here.

We have done very well with Honda CR-v's and Pilots. The new CR-v's are larger and heavier than the previous generations. But the Pilot is even larger and more stable. My 2012 has been trouble free for 150K. Did have a power steering pump break ,but that was at start up several yrs back at -40 degs. Fixed under warranty.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
RTG Parts
posted Hide Post
We run a pair of GMC Yukon Denali XL. Lots of power, very comfortable and great gas mileage. Holds all the crap you could ever want and still has room for screaming kids and barking dogs. 60K and 45K miles on each so far, not a single problem with either.

NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.

Posts: 459 | Location: Sheridan, Wyoming | Registered: March 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Toyota brand loyalty is quite strong with this young lady.
Not sure even the super plush Denali is going to break it.

So I am eyeballing a 2018 Sequoia TRD Sport it is black and she wants dark grey but black is not a deal killer. It’s down south so I think our good friend MattW is going to try to check it out for us.

Next best option is to get a 2018 SR5 and swap the shocks to the TRD Bilsteins and buy the sway bars.

Trying to confirm I can buy the factory TRD Fox Reservoir piggyback shocks from the 2020 TRD Pro and swap them with no issue or if they are the the factory Fox shocks on the Raptor can’t be swapped to the other F150 models.

Also will get Black Katzkins leather and heaters for the front seats.

Will still be way cheaper than a 2018 Limited.

————————————————

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You have my blessing and the Katzkins are way cool. Like the black n red.. Cool Big Tree !

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck416:
I purchased a Ford Flex, back in 2012, and have had exactly two issues with it, in 8+ years of ownership. One of the front headlight HID bulbs burned out, and the rear window washer pump went T/U (covered under warranty). This year (2019) is the last year of production, and there are some tremendous deals on this vehicle. Check out cargurus or autotrader. The Limited edition can be had, with low mileage, for an exceptionally good price these days. My family has all loved this car. Good luck.
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/...62#listing=258648770

We've had our 13 Flex SEL since about 2014 or 15 (I forget).
Sitting at 107k now & still going strong.
1 set of tires, 2 batteries, evap valve (top of intake), and an ignition switch are all I've had to do to it other than fuel & oil changes.

I'm 6'0 & fit reasonably comfortably in the 3rd row (wouldn't want to do it for an extended drive, but your knees aren't in your chin like many 3-row SUVs)

Cargo space behind the 3rd row isn't amazing, but workable for us.

I've seen some smoking deals on practically new 2019 Flex Limiteds (base Limited, so no EcoBoost, AWD or driver assist pkg).

Edit: But, this thread is on full-size SUVs, so I think the Flex is DQd on that requirement.
It's not a whole lot bigger than the Highlander they're in now.
That said, an EcoBoost Flex with a Livernois tune would be a blast.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post