SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Work pant with room for thick 1.5" belt?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Work pant with room for thick 1.5" belt? Login/Join 
TANSTAAFL
posted
When I was in the service I often wore 5.11 pants for civvies. This worked well for CCW as the loops fit a double layer 1.5" belt. Now I'm out and found that I mess up the 5.11 stuff with grease, so I've been using Dickies 874 pants. They are cheap and hold up decently well, to the point they are about all I wear lately. But I have found both my Bullhide and Milt Sparks belts won't fit in the loops. I've been using a single layer Bullhide but it is way too floppy to support CCW.

Anyone have experience with work pants that have loops big enough for a thicker belt?

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Duluth Trading has several styles of work pants, and their belt loops are big enough for a thick gun belt.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I wear Dickies 85283. They will BARELY fit a 1.5" thick gun belt through them, with about a 1/16" or less to spare. Probably the same loops as the ones you are using though.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Check L A Police Gear.
They offer many styles of pants that should satisfy your needs.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Duluth Trading has several styles of work pants, and their belt loops are big enough for a thick gun belt.

All my Duluth pants (jeans and work pants) fit a fairly thick RGRizzle leather belt that is 1.5".

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Lee makes comfort fit khakis and jeans that fit 1.5" belts. They are also stretchy and are fantastic for CCW.
I've never owned a pair of Lees until I got the khakis. I discovered they made the jeans that stretch and that the only thing I buy now.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Duluth Trading's firehose pants (all styles).

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Have a "semi" business office attire in my retired state and the Duluth's are great.

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Duluth Firehose.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1 1/4 inch gun belt. I carry a P01 or a P226 with one with no problems.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Duluth Trading.

Posts: 7518 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about Wrangler Riggs Ranger, I wear these with a double 1.5" belt, no problem.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I wear my wide gunbelt with Wranglers. Wrangler also makes Relaxed Fit jeans which stretch.

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I really like my DuluthFlex Fire Hose Work Pants. Most comfortable cargo pants I have ever owned.

I also really like my DuluthFlex Ballroom 5-Pocket Jeans. Hands down, they are the most comfortable jean I have ever owned.

Both are great with 1.5" gun belts, and my Armour belt is very thick.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tatortodd,

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23194 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Duluth Firehose.

I have three pair, one dedicated to yard work. Their loops take my 1.75" Wilderness Instructors belt just fine.

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

This! Love the firehose pants.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
This! Love the firehose pants.

The only "issue" I have with them is their abundance of pockets, within pockets, within pockets. Sometimes you can feel from the outside that you left something inside, but finding which pocket it is in can be a challenge. They make excellent pants for my shooting pants. I also like that the flap on the cargo pockets is narrower in width than the width of the pocket, so it can be tucked into the cargo pocket easily and lay flat.

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
I ordered a set of the Duluth Fire Hose Flex pants last night, to give them a try. One of my gripes about the Dickies is the pockets are so shallow. I got spoiled wearing 5.11 and NWU's and hated the pockets.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Duluth, Carhart.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Wrangler Riggs Trousers.

These are great trousers. Durable, comfortable, and a decent design.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31419 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post