SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Charlotte, NC: Fake door-to-door gun salesman turned home invader meets homeowner giving out free bullets
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charlotte, NC: Fake door-to-door gun salesman turned home invader meets homeowner giving out free bullets Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Door to door gun sales? Yeah sure. More likely a drug deal gone bad.

Who comes up with the door to door gun sales idea? Is this the guy who wrote the story about how the guy who accidentally shot his girlfriend while he was cleaning his shotgun in the bathroom? This must be the trend in journalism schools these days. Take what these people say at face value and publish it in the paper.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I've heard of vacuums, and Van Alden sold irons...but I never heard of guns.

And the deceased's name? Why in another life a man with a name like that could have become a great writer, or a famous poet, or.....ok yea, he wouldn't have done either...

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A good door chain lock is a good thing to have

Most mobile homes have doors that open out and do not have chains. You must live in one of those high class areas.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
This must be the trend in journalism schools these days. Take what these people say at face value and publish it in the paper.
Journalism has been dead for many years. We have papparazzi and Pravda in its place.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Who sells guns door-to-door, or answers the door for them? Confused Big Grin

quote:
The late Marion Palmer Yarborough

A sensible name? That can't be right.

Yes, but notice he was 51 years old. Probably born before the current naming scheme started.

Posts: 416 | Location: Near Dallas, TX | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wut? You guys aren't buying your guns from the door to door gun sales guys? There's other options?

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I guess this is the gun sales loophole the left wants to close.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Wow, Lincolnton is only 20 miles from me, and I heard about this here first. Lincolnton is quite the place.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zimman20
posted Hide Post
Ditto here, mikey - I'm in Denver, near 16/73. Cool

--------------------------------------------------------------
zman

P229 SAS
Sig 1911 STX

Posts: 936 | Location: Stanley, NC | Registered: September 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
If this keeps up the ammo salesman will be out of bithnuth.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Smokified, deadified!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Smokified, deadified!!

No reason to be hateful about it. Smile If the fools were real journalists, they'd realize the shooter made an honest man out of him. It would also seem the shooter could very well be black herself. The rule in today's world is when race is not mentioned, it is usually the favored race. Meaning when a black woman shoots a black man its OK. But when a whiteish guy shoots Treyvon, the most important aspect is his race.

I've not had a door to door gun salesman here yet. I kind of like the concept but I'm not the trusting type, and it seems it might not be the most healthy job. We likely won't know if it was a drug deal, but it would make sense to test everyone. Just for fun, of course.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zimman20:
Ditto here, mikey - I'm in Denver, near 16/73. Cool
I'm in Mount Holly about 1/2 way between Mount Holly and Stanley off 27.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
The late Marion Palmer Yarborough

I wonder if he had a racing strip on his vehicle? Confused

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
The men were pretending to be selling weapons when they came to the door

Q: What time is it when someone knocks at your door to sell you guns?

A: It ain't Howdy Doody Time!

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post