SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Charlotte, NC: Fake door-to-door gun salesman turned home invader meets homeowner giving out free bullets
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charlotte, NC: Fake door-to-door gun salesman turned home invader meets homeowner giving out free bullets Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
Free bullets!

Given the two-way gunfire, I wonder if the homeowner shot him or his accomplices shot him. Either way, FELONY MURDER RULE rules!

quote:
www.charlotteobserver.com: Woman rushed from bedroom with gun blazing, killed robber, officials say

By Mark Price

The late Marion Palmer Yarborough

Two alleged robbers who were pretending to sell guns door-to-door met their match at a Lincolnton home Saturday afternoon, when a woman emerged from a bedroom firing a gun of her own.

Within seconds, one of the suspects, 51-year-old Marion Palmer Yarborough, was dead and the second was on the run, the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office told the Gaston Gazette.

The gun-toting woman was not identified and investigators told the Gazette they believe she likely won’t be charged, because it was a matter of self-defense.

It happened about 2:45 p.m. Saturday when the two men knocked on the door of a mobile home on Painter Lane, according to the Observer’s news partner WBTV. The men were pretending to be selling weapons when they came to the door, family members told WBTV.

However, the man who answered the door of the home quickly became suspicious and an argument erupted, Lincoln County Sheriff Office officials told WBTV. The two suspects forced the victim to the floor at gunpoint, and that’s when a woman emerged from a back bedroom firing her handgun, it was reported.

The suspects returned fire in a battle that blazed both inside and outside the home. Yarborough was shot to death in the crossfire, the Gazette reported. The other suspect fled the scene with a woman and has not been located, it was reported.

Family members of a man who lives in the home told the Observer’s news partner WBTV that the man killed was allegedly trying to rob them. Deputies have not confirmed this.

"He had a gun up to my son's head, what I was told. Thank god my son is still living," family member Danny Blackburn told WBTV.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Who sells guns door-to-door, or answers the door for them? Confused Big Grin

quote:

A sensible name? That can't be right.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
AMF

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Crazy times we live in. You better believe I am armed when I answer the door.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me a little bit of SNL's (when it was a funny show, back in the day) "Land Shark" skit.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
SNIP:
However, the man who answered the door of the home quickly became suspicious
SNIP:
Ya, Door to door gun salesman would tend to do that!

SNIP:
and that’s when a woman emerged from a back bedroom firing her handgun,
SNIP:

Awesome! Note to self...
Either let the Mrs. answer the door while I provide cover...
OR...
Teach the Mrs. to shoot!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
A good door chain lock is a good thing to have.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That must be a hell of a neighborhood if they have door to door gun sales. I wouldn't exactly be expecting an FFL holder. And I have to wonder abut the background of the victims here, if people would be going to their door purporting to be selling guns, and expecting that to get them in the door.

And an aside about the chain lock thing. The vast majority of those won't resist a good kick.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Yep. AMF.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Neither will the typical front door of a mobile home!!

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That sounds too stupid to be true, not the shooting, the gun to gun door sales person...

My bet is, drug deal gone bad...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Why must MSM always make mention as to whether the victim of violent crime won't be charged with a crime defending themselves? Perhaps I should post this over in "what's my deal" and get over it...

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

A sensible name? That can't be right.

Hell that name sounds like royalty! Big Grin

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
"Yo, homeboy, come out here and check out these gats and shit I got for sale"

Door to door gun sales? Yeah sure. More likely a drug deal gone bad.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Local FTF deal only. Will not ship. Cool

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I could VERY well believe it was a gun deal that went bad.

quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
"Yo, homeboy, come out here and check out these gats and shit I got for sale"

Door to door gun sales? Yeah sure. More likely a drug deal gone bad.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Where's his high school graduation photo?

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Say hello to Travon for me.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
That sounds too stupid to be true, not the shooting, the gun to gun door sales person...

My bet is, drug deal gone bad...
But they weren't selling doors... Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
nope - that's the door-to-door door salesman next week

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post