SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are commercials getting worse or is it me?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are commercials getting worse or is it me? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
recognize anyone ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgrUCprTuUs
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkvto8viuqY
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E3TA7kvzQY

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 47127 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
And you would think EVERY couple is mixed race by watching the commercials .

This times 1000

Posts: 89 | Location: North Texas | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Orndorff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
I refuse to watch the NFL until the kneeling bullshit is put to an end....so no commercial issues here.

Same here. Several of my friends are also ignoring the NFL because of this crap.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Now an FFL licensee, working on SIGs and other assorted firearms. My email is in my profile.

Posts: 8346 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Most commercials and advertising may as well be cancerous, and I consistently seek to avoid exposure anytime I'm able. No radio or TV with them, no junk mail, etc.

Over the last 20yrs or so I figure I've reallocated hundreds of hours of my time to better uses, and have saved myself from a substantial amount of nonsense in the process.

If I were king almost all advertising would be channeled to very specific venues one would have to intentionally seek out. No more billboards, no flashing signs, nothing of the sort.

Posts: 23041 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My wife pointed out this FedEx commercial to me; it really is pretty good.

What’s Inside?

Posts: 7912 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
FX announces FX+ a $6 a month commercial free channel.

Dang I might go for that watch a lot of FX movies and shows...

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

Posts: 12562 | Location: FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Sometimes the programs are even worse than the commercials.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree more. From stupid dad commercials, to just idiocy. But every once in awhile one makes me pause.

This volvo commercial was haunting and seems to challenges us about materialism. Which is odd for a luxury car company. Anyway it made me think and I remembered both the commercial and the car.

Then I love the travel commercial from Expedia.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 2196 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The one for Life Alert with the old lady lying at the bottom of her basement stairs, plaintively crying for help in a warbling voice, gives me the creeps. Probably effective, though.

Posts: 21100 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
My belief is that commercials are deliberately annoying. The more often they are run the more annoying they become.
That’s to make us remember them. Notice how well people remember specific commercials here?

Ding Ding Ding.

It's all subliminal. Why do you think Liberty Mutual altered their existing commercials with that terrible jingle?

LibertyLibertyLiiiiiiberrrrty. Liberty.

It's not clever, but it gets stuck in your head.

Posts: 5576 | Location: Metro West, MA | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Oh... Those Chevrolet "real people" ads? Geezus.
I have a 2018 Silverado and no one from Chevy has wanted to reinforce how wonderful it is with me.
Aint I real?

I absolutely can't stand the Chevy commercials.

Memorable Quotes:

"Ohh that one looks scary, like its coming to get you"

"Yeah Buddy"

Posts: 1277 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Mahk has done a good job at pointing out the millennial stupidity in the Chevy commercials.

He possess great skills.

Posts: 8920 | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will add another one I have been bombarded with:
Flex Tape.
I keep hoping his boat will sink!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 7260 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Hate the commercials that show obviously gay couples or biracial couples. Stop trying to shove the diversity BS down our throats.

I agree as well about the "dumbing down" of our population. I think it's worse than when I worked the Cop job. I often met folks so absolutely clueless, so lacking any common sense at all, that I wondered HOW they even found their way home each day?

Posts: 5913 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This is pretty good. I don’t watch the NFL any longer, but I do think Baker Mayfield is the real deal.

Posts: 7912 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FUBO (streaming service) had one where a woman in some sort of yoga position is having her feet humped by a little dog as her toddler walks by.

I guess they had enough complaints that they pulled it and put on a modified version w/o the sexual connotations.

We often meet our destiny on the road we took to avoid it.

Posts: 1527 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post