SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seiko solar watch repair?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seiko solar watch repair? Login/Join 
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted
I purchased this watch about 4 years ago:

http://www.seiko-prospex.com/land/ssc137p1

Last year it started to run slowly, and then stopped working altogether. No amount of sunlight exposure will bring it back to life. I'm guessing it needs a new battery but I'm not sure who can replace it since it's a solar rechargeable battery.

Any recommendations for trusted watch repair companies I could send this to?

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
David Truong, an SF member of the highest quality!

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a reset procedure for Seiko solar watches...basically it reverts to a "shipping mode", if I understand correctly. Resetting it restarts the watch.

If it sat a while, maybe try that first. I found the procedure online when mine wouldn't start after sitting too long in a dark box.

- Brian

--------------------
||| P226R (.40) ||| P6 ||| P320 X5 ||| SP2022 (.40) |||

Posts: 411 | Location: Northeast Florida | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Orion is correct, however if it does need repair...Seiko would be your best choice

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6009 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Looks like they use a capacitor to store the energy:

http://www.seikosolarwatchrepair.com/

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
I had a Seiko solar watch go bad. Sent it back to Seiko. They fixed it.

I had a Marathon military watch go bad and these guys did a great job..http://www.watchrepairsusa.com/contact.php

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14009 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Go to the Seiko USA website. You can send it to them. That is what I would do.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for all of the replies. I'll see if the reset works and if not I'll check out those repair options.

SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Resetting the watch worked, thanks everybody! I would have never guessed the watch could be reset. I just assumed that if it stopped working and wouldn't charge back up the "battery" was the obvious cause.

SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com