SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vortex Optics Warranty Service, Exceptional
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex Optics Warranty Service, Exceptional Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Have a Vortex Venom that I purchased to run on my G40, the problem was that after install and alignment, placing the dot on the target resulted in zero hits, the shots were so low they were off the paper. I transferred the optic to my G34 MOS and the same results.

Naturally I presumed I just sucked at shooting red dots, my progressive lens glasses were the problem or the alignment was off. Problem was no matter which firearm the results were the same, low impact, I had to hold the dot above the target to get on target impact.

Called Vortex to inquire about techniques, tips, tricks, links to eye surgeon anything to assist. They decided to recall the optic and would test on an inhouse MOS Glock they know to be on point. Vortex sent a FedEx overnight label via email, I dropped it off Monday, got it back today.

Vortex wasted no time in testing and determined that the unit I had was defective, notes on the sheet say they verified it would not hold Zero.

Got the replacement back today FedEx to the door, and to note there were no drive by delivery drivers, no porch pirates from FedEx Big Grin I'll reinstall it and test this week.

The Customer Service experience at Vortex has been exceptional. Hopefully the replacement solves the issue.

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They do have great c/s, the problem being I've had to use it more often than I'd like.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
They do have great c/s, the problem being I've had to use it more often than I'd like.
Yeah, 3 Vortex products, used c/s twice for a replacement and a refund.

If they didn't have exceptional c/s, they'd be out of business!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am not a fan either. You either love their warranty. Or a not that impressed with their product. Little in between imho.

Glad they took care of you.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep hearing that.

I have no idea how the warranty services at Zeiss, Swarovski, Leupold or Nightforce are. Never had occasion to contact any of them.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My experience with Vortex products does not mirror others who have commented. I have several Vortex scopes (8) and spotting scopes (2), along with a couple of scopes from different manufactures, and have had only one problem with a spotter which they repaired and returned within 10 days. All of my scopes, Gen 1 and Gen 2 Razors along with an AMG, track well and have been everything I've expected them to be.

Any optic can have issues. I know of shooters who have had issues with S&B's, Nightforce, Bushnell and Burris as well as most of the other players. I don't think issues with optics are exclusive to Vortex but the manner in which they handle/deal with problems is one reason many buy their products.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I dropped a rifle, bent the Vortex scope. They replaced it no questions asked. I dropped the same rifle a few months later, bent the scope. They replaced the scope, again, no questions asked.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Took it to the range 50 rounds all on the target need to adjust it some more but it’s working fine

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post