SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Welcome to your new home, Cooper!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Welcome to your new home, Cooper! Login/Join 
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted
Last July, we had to unexpectedly euthanize our 8 year old Yellow Lab, Remy, due to an ocular melanoma that spread into her central nervous system.

After that unexpected loss, we weren't sure if we would get another dog or not. We had just become grandparents, and since our son and daughter in law are both active duty Navy, we thought that being dog free would make it easier for us to travel to visit them. Then, due to both of them being in extended training at the same time, we ended up with our granddaughter and our grand dog (a welsh Corgi) for ~5 months. On April 1, my wife accompanied our D-I-L, granddaughter, and grand dog to reunite with our son in their next duty station, Hawaii. The 10 days that she was gone, and I was home all alone, were terribly lonely.

After my wife returned home, we began the search for another dog. This Saturday, we drove 4 hours to Amish country in Ohio and looked at a litter of Bernadoodle puppies. We've always had females, but this time we selected a male puppy. The breeder had named him Cooper. At first, my wife wanted to pick another name for him. But I told her that a cooper was someone who made barrels, bourbon was aged in barrels, and I really like bourbon, so we needed to keep the name.

So, Sigforum, please let me introduce to you Cooper:

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cute boy!

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and Cooper, what a cute dog!

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7040 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
What a handsome little pup! Congratulations on the newest member of the family.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Dogfather!!!

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Cooper is a great name. Congrats - he’s adorable!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Welcome home, Cooper!

Our Bernedoodle, Murphy, says hello Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Cooper!

After my daughter gets married this October, one of the first things she's going to do is get a bernedoodle. She's been wanting one forever.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1160 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you guys and him. May you guys all have a happy, healthy and long life together. Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Looks just like our Aussie.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, good looking pup

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Any-kinda-doodles are great dogs. We love our big male goldendoodle. Good luck with Cooper. He’ll be a big boy.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a great looking dog and you will not regret choosing a male dog. They are actually easier to train. The problem with females is that in the wild it's the females that dominate the pack. As a result female dogs can actually be rather bitchy and tend to wanting to be in control.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5623 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Good looking pup.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
The fun begins. :-)

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pup. Keep the pictures coming as he ages.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Awe what a cute puppy!

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
looks like he will be a great addition to your family.

We recently acquired a Cavalier King Charles puppy and also named him Cooper, however I've been calling him "Coops". My wife doesn't like that moniker as she things he'll get confused about what his name actually is. He answers to both so I'm not overly concerned.

Enjoy your new puppy.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Great looking puppy! Congratulations!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Hi Cooper!

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post