SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bill Cosby - Convicted!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill Cosby - Convicted! Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

. . . sending 80-somethings to prison for events that took place decades ago seems to miss the point, somehow. I don't think he should get off without punishment, but that doesn't seem quite right, either.
I see the imprisonment as having several purposes:
  • Punishment

• Preventing repetition -- probably not relevant in this case

• Deterrent. Maybe another would-be perpetrator will look at this and think, "If Cosby, with all his money and the high-priced lawyers that he can afford, is going to prison, I don't stand a chance."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30646 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I spent a lot of years in the entertainment industry working on TV shows, movies and various live events. I toured with several major artists all over the country. During this time I met a lot of women who had some sort of sexual contact with members of the crew. I never once saw a woman do anything unwillingly. They know what they are doing and I don’t think I ever saw a man on the crew make first contact. Now this doesn’t happen like I’ve been told it did in the 80’s but it happens.

I’m quite sure that several of these women have grown up to regret one of those nights. Telling a husband or daughter, or lying about it, must be hard for some of them. And I’m sure they under the right conditions some of them would certainly downplay how willing they were and blame some substance that someone “slipped” them, as though they weren’t gleefully eating pills like a fat kid with a bag of M&Ms.

The multitude of women who have come out against Cosby make me believe there is something to it but all I’m saying is that in my experience they’ve all been as willing as any guy involved.

Precisely.

This reeks of a buyers remorse / #metoo lynching.

I've seen countless people party in all manner of ways, literally hundreds of times over the years, and 99.99% of them knew exactly what the fuck they were doing each and every time. Unless he force fed them pills or spiked a drink, they took that shit knowingly, I bet, and for whatever reason he's pissed off enough of them / someone to cause this mess.

Fuck him if he's truly guilty, but I wouldn't bank on it being true.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
He's also got about $400 million available for civil suits.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Motives ?
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."
We have to face reality here, folks. Allegations, from a long time ago, with no physical or corroborating evidence, should have almost ZERO weight as legal evidence, the same as in any other crime.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I spent a lot of years in the entertainment industry...

Precisely.

This reeks of a buyers remorse / #metoo lynching.

I've seen countless people party in all manner of ways...

I think there's a lot of truth in what you two are saying, both from "partying" and ambition aspects. Regarding ambition, there's a reason that the casting couch has been so productive for middle-aged fat men for decades.

Regarding partying, in 1980s, when one would see an ugly guy with a beautiful girl, the joke was that he was either rich or had a bag of cocaine, or both. There was often a lot of truth to that.

Posts: 8613 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Apparently I wasn’t aware that women prefer to get laid while they are unconscious.

Going back to my high school and college days something really stuck out to me then.

Her: "I can't believe I got so wasted at that party that I ______________"

Also Her: "I can't wait to get wasted at this upcoming party".

Perhaps they wouldn't do something sober that they would do impaired. Fair point. But they do know that they do things while impaired that they shouldn't, and make the choice to get impaired.

If A = B, and B = C, then A = C. I also learned that in high school. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
So this is a “conspiracy” of at least 60 women all with the same story dating back to the 1960s?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Tell me, PD- after a woman is raped, how many years should she wait to report it?

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Tell me, PD- after a woman is raped, how many years should she wait to report it?

They should do it right away. That said, he did do settlements where “his guy” delivered cash to the grievants. He also admitted drugging women in one of his depositions. IMO, 3-10 is just karma catching up with a pervert. In retrospect, he should have paid hookers to play dead while he screwed them.

He was a celebrity who was a player. Bert Reynolds just passed away and ex-girlfriends couldn’t say enough regarding how great a guy he was. Wilt Chamberlain screwed how many women? None complained. Cosby has reaped what he sowed.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
They should do it right away.
But they didn't.
quote:
That said, he did do settlements where “his guy” delivered cash to the grievants
Yes, they were so damaged by their experience, only money could make it right. Roll Eyes

Give me a break

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
They should do it right away.
But they didn't.
quote:
That said, he did do settlements where “his guy” delivered cash to the grievants
Yes, they were so damaged by their experience, only money could make it right. Roll Eyes

Give me a break

Your house. Your rules. I’ll give it a break.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Don't pull that cop-out shit with me. If that's your only response- a half-assed excuse- then, don't bother.

These women accepted money. If they had actual guiding principles. no amount of money could have silenced them.

I just love watching the mob form after these unethical women feel safe to screech their whining bullshit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Para, I don’t think most of these women are without some blame to put themselves in a compromising position. Cosby is a man who could have gotten plenty of pussy with his charm and humor. It’s the drug thing that I find disturbing.

Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
I have known a frightening number of women who have been raped - and thats just the ones I know about. Several of them were close friends of mine.

But they didn't initiate a romantic tryst with the rapist. Huge difference between that and all the nasty stuff with celebrities.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Para, I don’t think most of these women are without some blame to put themselves in a compromising position. Cosby is a man who could have gotten plenty of pussy with his charm and humor. It’s the drug thing that I find disturbing.

Disturbing to you but not to them. Taking drugs and fucking strangers is SOP for party sluts.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Prostitutes get paid for sex up front.

The allegedly aggrieved get paid for sex later.

Timing is everything.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Prostitutes get paid for sex up front.

The allegedly aggrieved get paid for sex later.

Timing is everything.

Posts: 8613 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post