SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bill Cosby - Convicted!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill Cosby - Convicted! Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
well if he does some hard time
he'll have to deal with a different
brand of pudd'n pops...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
whats the most a person could get from a civil suit 200,000?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
He sure looks pitiful, I wonder how much is genuine?

Well, he has had a very long career as an actor, so...

"Remorse" over your crimes is different than remorse over getting caught. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Some states have limitations on damages in certain kind of suits (often medical practice suits have limits), but generally not on suits alleging assault or other intentional torts.

Some states may have limits on "soft" damages, such as pain and suffering, but that is a state-by-state thing.

You do have to prove your claimed actual damages, of course. You can't just pull a number out of your ass.

Punitive damages are available in such cases, and the Supreme Court has held that there is a limit on punitive damages under the due process clause, but that limit is not a dollar amount or even a hard and fast multiple of the actual damages awarded.

This is a complicated question.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I remember this like it was yesterday!
my buddy had the new Bill Cosby Comedy Album (331/3 rpm)
This comedy bit relates to exactly what he was convicted of!
Rot in Hell you rapist!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: downtownv,

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
My understanding, from mews reports so go figure, is that of the several who claimed to be victims, only one, this one had incidents still within the applicable statute of limitations, and had other evidence, a civil suit where Cosby had given sworn testimony, and settled.

quote:
In a deposition he gave over a decade ago as part of Constand's lawsuit, Cosby acknowledged he had obtained quaaludes to give to women he wanted to have sex with, "the same as a person would say, 'Have a drink.'" The sedative was a popular party drug before it was banned in the U.S. more than 30 years ago.

and

quote:
Constand sued Cosby after prosecutors initially declined to file charges, settling with him for nearly $3.4 million over a decade ago.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I hope he lives long enough to do jail time. He is an evil predator and had enablers throughout his career I'm sure. No way do I believe that the people around him never knew about his criminal behavior. They elected to ignore it and I think they are just as despicable and should pay for it as well.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cosby had quite a reputation for taking other black comedians to task for vulgarity and profanity in their acts. All while he was drugging these women. Thanks, Bill, for the moral guidance!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
There is a statute of limitations. A lot of the complaints that were made public were past that in the various jurisdictions. This one wasn't.

quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Not that I don’t think he is getting his just desserts but I have an academic question.

Is there a statute of limitations on his crimes? I know murder has no statute of limitations but is this also considered as such?

I also believe he will be dead before he serves a day.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
He won't serve a day in prison even though he deserves it.

Ol Dirty Bastard

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
He won't serve a day in prison even though he deserves it.

Ol Dirty Bastard

Not sure I follow your logic. Seems more likely he'll spend the rest of his life in prison.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

He already made a civil settlement of more than $3 million with the accuser he was convicted of abusing.

Posts: 2480 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
click image upload

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post