SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bill Cosby - Convicted!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill Cosby - Convicted! Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
It appears Bill Cosby was just convicted on all charges related to drugging and molesting a woman 14 years ago. Fat Albert is going to jail, and was apparently none too happy about it.

https://www.clickondetroit.com...-and-molesting-woman

Bill Cosby has been convicted of drugging and molesting a woman in the first big celebrity trial of the MeToo era.

A jury outside Philadelphia convicted the "Cosby Show" star of three counts of aggravated indecent assault on Thursday. The guilty verdict came less than a year after another jury deadlocked on the charges.

Cosby will remain out of jail pending sentencing.

Bill Cosby is lashing out at prosecutors after a jury convicted him of three counts of aggravated indecent assault.

Cosby stood up and erupted after jurors left the courtroom. He used an expletive to refer to District Attorney Kevin Steele, who was arguing to revoke Cosby's bail. Cosby shouted, "I'm sick of him!"

The judge ruled that Cosby will remain free pending sentencing.

Cosby was convicted Thursday of drugging and molesting a woman 14 years ago.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
He will be dead before he ever serves a day.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Guilty, Guilty, Guilty.

Hey, Hey, Hey!

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apf383:
He will be dead before he ever serves a day.

Same - same

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Not that I don’t think he is getting his just desserts but I have an academic question.

Is there a statute of limitations on his crimes? I know murder has no statute of limitations but is this also considered as such?

I also believe he will be dead before he serves a day.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't care whether he goes to jail or not. I guess I'm a bad person.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I too was wondering about whatever happened to the Statute of Limitations...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
He's gonna learn about a different type of rape in prison... And he isn't gonna like being on the receiving end of Fat Albert

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
It seems like most of these women voluntarily took some pills from him and swallowed them.

He may not have told them what the pills were, but still - I think at that point you are pretty much agreeing to let him do whatever to you.

I can't imagine someone hitting on me and then saying "here - take these pills." and I'm like - oh this will all work out fine.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that for the vast majority of his accusers, the statute of limitations was up a long time ago. That is why he was just facing charges on the most recent incident.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel sure that Cosby has mega $$, but I bet that this is getting pretty expensive!!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Not that I don’t think he is getting his just desserts but I have an academic question.

Is there a statute of limitations on his crimes? I know murder has no statute of limitations but is this also considered as such?

I also believe he will be dead before he serves a day.

If there were a limitations period that had run, he wouldn't have been tried. It is probably a long one for semi-violent sexual crimes. 20 years. Some of the crimes did have limitations periods that already ran.

I guess he will get some jail time. At least it may be a deterrent to others. He probably will get some deferential treatment from both the state (for being 80), and from other inmates (for being famous). But at 80, he might not last very long in jail.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
It’s about damn time. This animal is a creep and it’s great knowing that this is all taking place while he’s still alive (the women coming forward, that is) so that he can revel in his own shameful acts.

What a tool.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't think he'll do any actual prison time.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing given his medical issues he'll either be given some form of house arrest, or to a minimum security medical facility.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Good thing Jello is slippery...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
He sure looks pitiful, I wonder how much is genuine?

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Good thing Jello is slippery...

There’s always room for Jello.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
He sure looks pitiful, I wonder how much is genuine?

Well, he has had a very long career as an actor, so...

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post