SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What would cause a bar of soap to spontaneously liquify over a fairly short period?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would cause a bar of soap to spontaneously liquify over a fairly short period? Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
The soap in question came out of my travel kit and may have been a year old or so.

I think we found it.

You lye.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Does soap “expire” if you will?

I don't know, but it can absorb water over the course of a year, then basically fall apart quickly once in use.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Do you spray your shower down with on of thise daily shower cleaner sprays?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
quote:
The soap in question came out of my travel kit and may have been a year old or so.

I think we found it.

You lye.

Must you be so caustic?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think we found it.

You lye.

Must you be so caustic?

Bar none...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
...snip...

I think we found it.

You lye.

Must you be so caustic?

Bar none...

Dial it back...

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Did you leave it in the Irish Spring?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Oh, no no no. We could do this all night. I know when to quit. Cool

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I never expected so much Zest from the group over a simple question. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you perhaps suffer a severe attack of flatulence in the shower? I once melted a shower curtain that way.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Russia.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Did you perhaps suffer a severe attack of flatulence in the shower? I once melted a shower curtain that way.

Can this happen if you're using liquid soap and shampoo? I heard that such stuff like paraben and various acids. According to this source this source, cheap products might cause hair loss and damage scalp, maybe that can harm a shower curtain as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DustyHHZ,

Posts: 4 | Registered: February 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Gasoline!!!!!!!!!! No, sorry, it’s my pyromaniac side................ Eek

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread is circling the drain.

Posts: 278 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post