SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Small, simple coffee pot recommendation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small, simple coffee pot recommendation Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
There was one for sale for like $90 here a few weeks ago that some of you really liked. Thought about it but that is more $ than I wanted to spend for and winter afternoon cup or two. Do we have a recommendation for a smaller coffee maker that is good and low maintenance. Thank you.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
10.oo Wal-Mart 5 cup drip has lasted me years.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Coffee 5 cup.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
You could always put a paper towel over a cup, put a paper towel over the cup, put coffee grinds in the towel, and pour hot water over it.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll second the cheap Wal-Mart coffee makers. Currently I have a Mr Coffee that I paid about $15 or $18 for, and it looks like its successor is on sale for about $12.

My girlfriend has a Keurig that she labors over each morning, and gets a weak cup of the same size every time. My Cheap-O, I put whatever coffee I want, usually mixing some de-caf with some of the real thing, brew as much or as little as I want.

Go with the cheap ones.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4700 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thought about it but that is more $ than I wanted to spend for and winter afternoon cup or two. Do we have a recommendation for a smaller coffee maker that is good and low maintenance. Thank you.

If I only wanted a cup or two occasionally, I would use a french press.
The only reason I don't is that we brew 12 cups in the morning.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Another option is instant coffee. Nescafe Original Instant isn't that bad, but I can't stand the Nescafe Classico or any other instant.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lowest maintenance? Get a percolator. They just work.

Posts: 2367 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Simple pour-over coffee dripper. Less than $20. Someone gave me one right before my expensive coffee maker went tits up, and I have to say, it's great for my need of one cup.

https://www.amazon.com/Yitelle...r%2Caps%2C132&sr=8-9

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
There’s always the AeroPress.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post

Presto 6-cup. Thirty bucks at Walmart.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Bought a Mr. Coffee foe the office at either Target or Walmart..paid $15 for it on sale. It lasted two years being used almost every day at work.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Moka Pot. Starting at twelve bucks.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:
Lowest maintenance? Get a percolator. They just work.

++1

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for some good suggestions. Any thoughts on this?

https://www.doitbest.com/products/602552

Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
For 1 cup of coffee: https://www.amazon.com/Melitta...ds=melitta+pour+over

Actually for a single cup, this is even better: https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Sin...o-Drip/dp/B01ENK41Q6

Great for camping, everything. i just "fill the top" and get back to making the rest of my breakfast instead of standing there trying not to make a mess with the hot water kettle.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This.

quote:
Originally posted by amals:
Mr. Coffee 5 cup.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I do like the Presto. Not really looking for a single cup solution.

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I recently went the way of a French Press after reading about it here. So far I'm pleased. Spent south of $50 on the setup.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post