SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Company was reorg'd and my job was eliminated...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Company was reorg'd and my job was eliminated... Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
That sucks.

Hope you find an even better gig quickly.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Very sorry this happened, but glad you are looking at it as being a blessing.

You will find something better. Have faith.

I lost my job on November 1st, one week short of a year at my last company. The stress leading up to that day was crushing. It was almost a relief for those of us let go that day.

This January 6th, I was able to start a much better job at a company that is *excited* to have someone like me join. Can't tell you how many times I have been told, "we're so excited to have you" and "we're delighted you're here."

You will find your blessing Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same thing happened to me 10 years ago (almost to the day actually). Felt kinda shitty at the time as it was first job out of college and I was without any prospects....
Felt like I was beating my head against a brick wall for a while, but I am better off for it now.

Anyway, they may have done you a favor without knowing it. Good hunting for the next opportunity.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you find a new job soon. Good luck.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of great advice upthread, work like you are going to work to find a new job, good luck man!

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. Best wishes landing on your feet.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24103 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I appreciate everyone’s comments/well wishes.

As most have noted I am absolutely taking this as an opportunity to make a move that I’ve wanted to make for a while now. And while my hand was forced, it’ll allow me to devote 100% of my energy to the hunt, vs. the periodic nature with which I’d pursued it in the past (most of the time when I was too tired from work to begin with).

The good news is that we have always lived well below our means on purpose so there’s very little adjustment to be made in the interim between jobs.

Thanks again everyone. The opportunity to get it off my chest helps a lot.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your employment troubles. In the least, the economy is moving so hopefully it won’t be too long before bouncing back.

I had applied to be a railroad police officer, but I was picked by another agency before they got back to me. I was in the last week of my academy when they called me in to offer me a position. I was torn since I was getting my badge at the end of the week, and I thought it would be sucky to quit from my current agency after having invested so much into me.

However, even though there were some positives with being a railroad cop like better pay and travel, one of the downsides was that the positions weren’t stable since railroad companies are private. I’m happy I stayed with my local agency especially after hearing former railroad officers telling me about their layoff stories over the years.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1169 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I wish you all the best. The good news is the economy is strong and it looks like your skill set is marketable.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
For go getters these things often turn into blessings. Go get it.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:

The good news is that we have always lived well below our means on purpose so there’s very little adjustment to be made in the interim between jobs.

you're a wise man

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. It happened to me twice. Keep a positive attitude. The Trump economy is your friend.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post