SIGforum
anyone liking J.Dean breakfast bowls?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6990058064

September 10, 2019, 07:22 PM
bendable
anyone liking J.Dean breakfast bowls?

just about as quick and easy as it gets.

If you have an extra three minutes
pour it on a burrito tortilla along with a quarter cup of 50/50 chili.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
September 10, 2019, 07:43 PM
erj_pilot
I have the Turkey Sausage and Egg Whites one in the freezer...more for calorie control. Yup...a few minutes in the nuke box, add some picante sauce, and it's REALLY good for microwave food.

What's kind of a head turner is that I normally just drink a high protein 8 oz. Boost when I take my vitamins in the morning; that's my breakfast. Same number of calories than the breakfast bowl...go figure.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
September 10, 2019, 07:46 PM
SSgt USMC/Vet
I will have one occasionally when wife is visiting grandkids, they are not bad. I will try the tortilla idea. Thanks Bendable, FYI the Walmart brand are ok also.
September 10, 2019, 07:55 PM
RogueJSK
In the 4-5 minutes it takes to microwave one of these, you can scramble some eggs and cook them yourself. If you want to fancy that up, toss in some diced meat and/or veggies, and sprinkle on some grated cheese and hot sauce.

Just as easy. Tastes better. Healthier (thanks to a lot less salt, oil, and preservatives). And significantly cheaper.
September 10, 2019, 08:29 PM
Hunthelp
Tried once. Not again.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt
September 10, 2019, 08:31 PM
mcrimm
We’ve tried them and like them for a fast easy breakfast that stays with you for hours. We tend to like the sausage, cheese & egg sandwich better. Jimmy Dean makes some good stuff

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
September 10, 2019, 08:47 PM
arfmel
Aren’t those pretty much a sodium bomb? They seemed awfully salty when I last tried one, in a dire emergency.
September 10, 2019, 09:06 PM
bushpilot
I agree with mcrimm above, the croissant, sausage, and egg sandwich is good to go and no fork to wash. Spread a little jelly on the inside of the croissant and it hits all the boxes for me.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln
September 10, 2019, 09:09 PM
P220 Smudge
quote:
Originally posted by bushpilot:
I agree with mcrimm above, the croissant, sausage, and egg sandwich is good to go and no fork to wash. Spread a little jelly on the inside of the croissant and it hits all the boxes for me.

So, no fork to wash, but what do you use to spread the jelly inside? Something else you gotta wash?

September 10, 2019, 09:49 PM
ZSMICHAEL
Something about eating food advertised by a dead guy.
September 10, 2019, 10:15 PM
flashguy
Not for me, unforturnately--all of his breakfast offerings seem to have cheese (which I despise). I'd love to have his full-sized sausage (only) biscuits, but the local stores only have the snack sized ones.

flsahguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
September 10, 2019, 10:32 PM
Sigfest
I really like what they call Skillets. A bag of sausage, onions, green peppers, potatoes. Cook for 10-15 minutes, add 6+ eggs. Excellent. Makes a good breakfast burrito or just pile it in a bowl and have toast. A fav around here.
September 10, 2019, 10:36 PM
Beancooker
I take a little homemade chorizo, eggs, green onions, cilantro and cheese, and whip up about 30 breakfast burritos.
I freeze them all.
Then pull them out when I want one.
Pretty simple.
30 homemade breakfast burritos is half the cost of the JD bowls at Costco. And my shit tastes a lot better.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread
September 10, 2019, 10:40 PM
Beancooker
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
to have cheese (which I despise).

flsahguy

What?!?!
You hate cheese?
What is wrong with you!!!
If cheese and pasta were no longer available, I would die.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread
September 11, 2019, 01:57 AM
egregore
They aren't bad if, say, you overslept, are running late and need something quick. But it only takes a little more time to cook the meat of your choice (<15 mins. in a toaster oven) and a couple of eggs (~1 min. in a microwave) yourself.
September 11, 2019, 02:00 AM
1lowlife
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
In the 4-5 minutes it takes to microwave one of these, you can scramble some eggs and cook them yourself. If you want to fancy that up, toss in some diced meat and/or veggies, and sprinkle on some grated cheese and hot sauce.

Just as easy. Tastes better. Healthier (thanks to a lot less salt, oil, and preservatives). And significantly cheaper.

I like this post... Big Grin
September 11, 2019, 02:09 AM
gw3971
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

I like this post... Big Grin

Yep. I mix Chorizo and eggs. I make a big batch and then freeze it. Add it to a small tortilla and a minute or two in the microwave and you are good to go. Way cheaper too!
September 11, 2019, 03:59 AM
ensigmatic
quote:

But then you have a pan and dish to wash. With the microwave b-bowl: A fork.

I've tried one of them. I liked it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
September 11, 2019, 04:22 AM
elde
Big fan. Chorizo & egg with added picante sauce & a few jalapeños.....yum.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
September 11, 2019, 04:58 AM
arfmel
quote:
And my shit tastes a lot better

Believe I’d rather eat a Jimmy Dean’s breakfast bowl, though.