SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alternatives to 4Runner?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alternatives to 4Runner? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Glad the OP got what he wanted. I bought my ‘03 SR5 with 231k for $5500 over years ago. Now almost 260 and going strong. I love the V8. I looked at a Tacoma but can’t live without a V8. So, I’ll have to look at the Tundra or Sequoia.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
I bought my ‘03 SR5 with 231k for $55000 over years ago.

I've heard about 4Runner prices being inflated but DAMN! Eek

Wink

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S600MBUSA:
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
I bought my ‘03 SR5 with 231k for $55000 over years ago.

I've heard about 4Runner prices being inflated but DAMN! Eek

Wink

Lol. Fat fingers added an extra 0

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Nice grab chellim1 !! If no issues, you got quite a deal. I would have gone for it too.

Yup, I picked up a pretty well maintained '08 LX570. About 1000 miles later and I'm really liking it. Gone through some pretty scary (for me) ruts and stuff and it's been working like a champ so far. Really looking forward to taking some off pavement trips in spring/summer/fall next year.

Looks nice... the '08 LX570 is far more plush than the 2008 4Runner:

Exterior is similar:

http://www.motortrend.com/news...s-lx570-first-drive/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post

2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk: HELLCAT, HELLCAT, HELLCAT - As much as 707 horsepower in a Grand Cherokee? Hell yes!

Big Grin

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk: HELLCAT, HELLCAT, HELLCAT - As much as 707 horsepower in a Grand Cherokee? Hell yes!
Big Grin

HELLCAT? HELL YA!

But... as a practical matter... I may keep an eye out for one of those LX570s for the next one....

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post