SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boy Scouts ....... I'm Too late
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boy Scouts ....... I'm Too late Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted
I might have stuck it out if badges like this were an option back when I was young....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: coloradohunter44,

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
So do they issue those to Girl Scouts too, these days? I mean, you could have a "bitch" patch, but with a "B" in the center, which might make the girls feel "less than" the boys who get a patch with an "A" in the center.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Simply loving it!

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Yep...another good thing ruined by the liberals. Thanks for the good old days of the 50's and growing up. Smile

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Yep...another good thing ruined by the liberals. Thanks for the good old days of the 50's and growing up. Smile
So true! Sadly today if I had a young son I would NOT allow him to join the BSA.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I can think of a few fellas who've earned that badge....

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VonFatman
posted Hide Post
funny.
i too was bummed when the bsa started changing.
unfortunately, politics abounds in all organizations.

i was torqued when girls were allowed in, but after attending meetings and campouts (grandson in scouts), it was clear to me that the move to include girls was financial. bsa was running out of money. it was either include or go away.

"the times, they are a changin'..."

bob

Posts: 376 | Registered: September 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Not sure you'd want something advertising quality asshole in the Boy Scouts.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Not sure you'd want something advertising quality asshole in the Boy Scouts.

Satire....

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VonFatman:
funny.
i too was bummed when the bsa started changing.
unfortunately, politics abounds in all organizations.

i was torqued when girls were allowed in, but after attending meetings and campouts (grandson in scouts), it was clear to me that the move to include girls was financial. bsa was running out of money. it was either include or go away.

"the times, they are a changin'..."

bob

When my son was in the scouts and I was an assistant scout leader - everything from the national office revolved around money. They were always strapped for cash. I was just recently told by one of the other leaders the Boy Scouts have now taken out a massive loan on Philmont to the tune of 446 million dollars to pay off sex abuse lawsuits. They can’t even cover the interest payment on that. They have doomed the organization.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post