SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Post something happy.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post something happy. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
It seems like everything I read or see or hear is something negative lately. Deaths, horrible life events, political bullshit, sadness in general and I have felt like shit for a couple weeks.

So be it humor, puppies, rabbits with pancakes or human interest stories post something happy. Tell me about your kid learning to swim or your best dirty joke. Just something fun, happy or whimsical. Please and thank you.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Working out makes me happy. I worked out, today, after a two week hiatus. So I'm happy Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Just repaired my sister’s home AC system with a 15 dollar capacitor when the HVAC guy said she needed a new system to the tune of $5500 bucks. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Just repaired my sister’s home AC system with a 15 dollar capacitor when the HVAC guy said she needed a new system to the tune of $5500 bucks. Smile

Now that’s what I am talking about. Happy. Nobody wants a new HVAC system. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Wife and I are visiting oldest son and his wonderful wife. We are so happy they found each other. Played a game with them tonight.
We are blessed to have wonderful kids, even though their paths through life have been very hard.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
New Blue Merle Great Dane puppy - so cute yet so clumsy, forward & side rolls never seem to stop. Smile Smile

ETA - Finally caught a somewhat good pic; dog owners know why it's not in perfect focus (constant motion while awake).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RHINOWSO,

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Granddaughter found a frog to play with. Made me smile at least...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I bought a pair of Nocona Boots a few weeks ago. I have been wearing them around the house lately and they are almost broken in enough to venture outside.

I also may have helped a friend secure a sale of his product to a distribution company, that will increase his business exponentially. It’ll be a game changer for his business, his family, and his quality of life.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes, it's necessary to take a step back and assess our reality. Certainly life is challenging. We live in the best possible time to be alive, however. Modern technology has made life much less difficult and given us numerous blessings.

Maybe most important, we need to cherish our friends and family while we can.

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
The GF and one of her buddies just returned from a quilting thing in southern Pennsylvania. She found an antique cabinet in a rural shop that she wanted, but the proprietor didn't accept credit cards.

They were digging around trying to come up with the cash when the guy said, "Won't you need that money for your trip home? Tell you what; just take the piece. You can mail me a check when you get back."

She was just laughing about what a gullible old fucker he was. Just kidding. She has already sent him his check and included a little extra.

It's nice to know that there are still people around like that. Smile

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
My five year old son has been finding “pet” rolly pollies lately. He picks them up and carries them around a bit, letting them open up and crawl around on his hands before finding a “safe place” in the yard to put them. The joy on his face when he shouts “Dad, I found another one!” hits me right in the marrow. He genuinely wouldn’t even hurt a fly. Today, he was telling me that he was concerned about pointing his Nerf gun at the ceiling “because we have to be careful where we point the muzzle and Dad! Sometimes, there’s even bugs on the ceiling! I don’t want to shoot a bug. Not even accidentally.” Very serious face while he said it. I told him I thought that was very careful and thoughtful.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We built a new barn and put some new high volume fans up for our horse and mule. They are definitely happy! (that's their happy face)

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The latest NOLA hurricane missed my kid. Thats a good thing.
And my patio chipmunks love me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I'm signing up for my hunter's safety course to get my hunting license. My first hunt will be doves Sept. 9th. It's going to be on a huge cattle ranch, so even if I don't get too many doves...or any at all... I think getting out with some guys and shooting a ton of shells will be awesome. I just need to get my shotgun out again. I've only shot it once since buying it used, but it was awesome. Carpe diem, sir!

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
It wasn't a burgar...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Helped some guy yesterday going into diabetic seizure or something. Thought he was a passed out drunk. Got him out of shopping car, which in itself was a pain in the butt. He was gripping very hard for being unconscious. Got someone with a phone to dial 911. He started to regain consciousness, let us know he was diabetic. Got him some OJ and waited with store manager until paramedics arrived.

Some lady who witnessed it came up to me as I was checking out, thanked me like I was some kind of hero for finding someone with a cellphone and helping someone in distress. Not exactly heroic, but it does feel good to help someone when they need it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got on a plane for the first time in 51 years. Visited my youngest son and daughter in law in Arlington. Had a wonderful time. Saw amazing sights.

Posts: 69 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
We were devastated when my wife was recently diagnosed with cancer. The surgery went well, but we were sweating the possibility of radiation and chemo therapy. The oncologist said no radiation and scheduled some more tests, then had pathologist take another look at some lymph nodes. He then called her back in and told her the number of cancer cells found in her lymph nodes were so few that he gave her the option of taking a hormone control medication instead of chemo. We are off of an emotional roller coaster and in 9 more days we will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. That’s our something happy.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post