SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Invent this convertible tote, be a millionaire over night
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Invent this convertible tote, be a millionaire over night Login/Join 
posted
I need a tote for carrying stuff in the vehicle and in to the house.

It should hold 25 lbs.
And have 15 inch tall sides.
Not weigh more than 7 lbs.

One version would allow air flow through the side vents,
The other version would not.

Hand holds on all four sides.

And here is the big deal ,money maker attraction .

A switch or lever on the side would make the bottom either very slippery,
So it would slide easily on a mini van carpet.
Or

The lever in the other position would make the bottom surface
Rubbery with much traction.

So as Not to slide around on a steel van floor or pick up bed.

Used mostly for groceries, a medium to light duty vessal.
Thanks , see you on Shark Tank

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BTW, these crates make lugging around 20lb propane tanks a breeze. No rolling around during transport.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those don't come close to cutting the convenance of what I am proposing.

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about wheels mounted like on this product?
Tilt it, and it rolls. Then have the grippy stuff on bottom so it sticks when placed flat.

https://www.quill.com/quill-br...x15d/cbs/048762.html

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
It should hold 250 lbs.
. . . .
Used mostly for groceries
250 pounds of groceries, in a 15 inch tall thing. Seems more like a tote for hauling bowling balls! Just giving you a hard time Bendable!

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry , fixed it,

SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
It should hold 250 lbs.
. . . .
Used mostly for groceries
250 pounds of groceries, in a 15 inch tall thing. Seems more like a tote for hauling bowling balls! Just giving you a hard time Bendable!

Bendable eats very dense food items

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Maybe he was thinking $250 worth when he was typing.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not 15" tall, but the Milwaukee Packout Milk Crate is a nice option.
You can also buy a plate to lock it in place.

Acme tools happens to have the combo kit.
https://www.acmetools.com/shop...-bundle-48-22-8440mp

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Tardis version of the shopping cart?

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2066 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope,nope and nope.

This has to work in three different vehicles on three different surfaces .

Steel cargo p/u bed, leather car seat, mini van floor carpet .

No brackets, no rubber mats, no bungie cords, just a tote that both slides or stays put.

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
It would also be useful if the inside were larger than the outside.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
While you are inventing that, I need one to carry around my hotdogs with me. It will sell better if it can keep them warm and carry condiments. I’d prefer the hotdogs not to roll around in it. I’ve got $15 to invest if anyone wants to partner with me, contact me via my profile. It’s a plus if you have one of those neat “Z” tattoos.

Posts: 4106 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the risk of having a stupid idea, could you take a milk crate/cart as described by the other members, and affix a polymer disc (like those "magic furniture movers" advertised on TV) with an epoxy so it slides, put some loop velcro on the bottom, and then use industrial hook velcro attached to a rubber/grippy mat to have a removable "cover" for the polymer discs? You could put loop fabric on one side of the crate for storage.

Need low friction? Pull the bottom "cover" off and stick it to the side. Need traction? Take the "cover" off the side and stick it on the bottom.

The downside is that you'd have to lift the crate up and down to affix/remove cover, but it's only 7 lbs (tare) + 25 pounds (cargo) in your initial post.

You could make a lot of them for your vehicle for very little money/effort that way.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

H:15 x w:18 x L: 23

with sliding selector lever on it to raise and lower the grippy surface, hidden in the false bottom

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I can do it, but I'll have to use unicorn hair, plus unobtainium for the bottom.

It could get expensive.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 589 | Location: Alexandria, LA | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I give up,
what do rolling Giant coolers have to do with anything else written about in this thread?

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Office-...ZCCNBFSE8XW98S5S8B97

It's basically a folding milk crate with two wheels and an extending handle.

When sitting flat, it does not roll or slide.
Tilt the crate up on the two wheels and you can slide/roll it wherever you want in your minivan or pickup truck.

If you have something heavy inside, extend the handle and give you more leverage.

Bonus, it actually rolls around like a dolly with the handle extended. Attorneys often use these for boxes of documents.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post