SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LOL - e-mail about Geco Ammunition
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOL - e-mail about Geco Ammunition Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
I've never heard of the Swiss ammo company Geco, and first time I do it's an e-mail from Midway USA titled, "View Special Clearance Pricing on Geco 45 ACP Ammunition"

Had to chuckle as it reminded me of Internet legend Gecko 45 and the thought of that mall ninja having his own line of ammo made me chuckle.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
SGAmmo no longer stocks it. There were some troubles with the product and the company from what little they could say on another board.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If you have a .45, buy some and shoot it. Then you could say you've shot Geco .45. Razz

It is perfectly good ammunition and - where I buy it - is reasonably priced. I have shot some in 9mm Luger and .380 ACP. Judging from the extra sting to my fingers in my one-and-a-half-finger-grip Ruger LCP, .380 seems to be loaded a little hotter than American-made. I don't recall where it is made - I want to think Italy - and don't have any on hand at the moment.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I bought some a few years ago after looking it up.
Seems to be good stuff and was priced right.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Interesting.

I have shot a ton of this stuff, and my friends have also with no issue, 9mm and 45ACP

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I've never heard of the Swiss ammo company Geco,

That's because GECO is a German brand, not Swiss.

25th August 1887: Formation of the company Gustav Genschow & Co as a weapons and ammunition wholesaler by the founder of the same name Mr. Gustav Genschow from Stralsund 1899: acquirement of the "Badische Schrot- und Gewehrpropfenfabrik Durlach" and 1903: of the "Durlacher Zundhütchen- und Patronenfabrik". 1906: Formation of the first branch office in Cologne on the Rhine 1912: Formation of a special subsidiary company in Vienna for the export business dealings to Austria-Hungary and the Balkan states 1921: Formation of the branch office Königsberg in Preußen and reconstruction of the sales department in Frankfurt am Main and Nuremberg 1924: Achistion of "Deutsche Werke AG". From that time on manufacturing of outstanding small caliber rifles. International sales boomed among other places in South America. Genschow pistol cartridges were used by the police in almost all South American countries. 1927/28: Conclusion of a community of interest contract with the RWS or rather the Dynamit Aktiengesellschaft (Dynamit Limited Company) of Alfred Nobel & Co., the biggest ammunition factory in Nuremburg. Manufacture of pistols and small-shot cartridges for both companies in the Durlach factory, Manufacture of rimfire and Flobert cartridges, revolver cartridges, metal sleeves, percussion caps and air gun pellets in the factories in Stadeln and Nuremburg. 1940: Death of the compay founder Gustav Genschow 1952: Resumption of manufacturing of hunting and sport ammunition (air gun pellets, shot shells, 1957 pistol/revolver) 1963: Passing over of all the factory buildings of Genschow & Co. Aktiengesellschaft (Limited Company) to the possession of the explosive and ammunition factory of Dynamit Nobel Aktiengesellschaft 1966/67: Consolidation of the brands GECO, Rottweil and RWS under the umbrella of Dynamit Nobel 1972: Relocation of Durlach to Stadeln 2002: Acquisition of the Dynamit Nobel AG by the Swiss tech company RUAG At Present: GECO incoporates a wide range of products which includes pistol/revolver ammunition, air gun pellets, small caliber ammunition, shotshells, rifle cartridges and has recently introduced explosive cartridges and blank cartridges.

tac

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Oh gosh...Does that not bring back memories Big Grin...Gecko45...

"I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America’s largest indoor retail shopping areas. Although there are typically between fifteen and twenty normal security officers working the beat there, we decided a while ago that it would be best to have a specilized force for violent individuals. We use modified electric vehicles and can be anywhere on a given floor within eight and a half minutes.Naturally, the regular security people are unarmed. We “RTFers”, by arrangement with the local police, carry high-strength OC spray and batons. If we have a full tactical alert and permission from the local LEOs we also have a Mossberg 500 with less-lethal rounds and two K-frame Smith .38s loaded with 158gr. LRN.Basically, the situation is that we get the call, we lock up the situation, put everything five by five, and cordon the area until the local authorities arrive. We’re cops, we just don’t get the glory."...

I wonder where old Gecko45 is today?

Probably staring in WeatherTech commercials Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I bought a case of Geco .380FMJ several years ago. It was good stuff.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I recall the Mall Ninja once talking about all the Full Autos he "confiscated" at his Mall.

IIRC he once stated he snagged FOUR "chopped AK's" in one day!

Wonder where he is today? LOL.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Some one might have finally got thru the plate he wore on his back.
Must have been a fifty ,his armor was rated at 338 lapua ammo.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Did anyone ever figure out who he really was?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Geco 45 ACP Ammunition

I have shot a couple cases ~ I really like it.
No complaints here.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Geco makes some 9mm ammo in Tampa Florida (according to TargetSports FAQ)

Question: Can you tell me specifically who is making this in the United States for Geco? Do they have their own factory here in the US or are they having another company make it for them? Thanks - John (03/27/2018)

Response: Hi John, GECO has their own factory down in Tampa Florida where they manufacture their ammunition including this Geco 9mm Luger Ammo 115 Grain FMJ Lead Free Sintox Primer ammo. thank you for buying ammo online at TargetSportsUSA.com

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
GECO is a commercial lable of RUAG Ammotec. There is no GECO company nor a GECO factory. GECO labeled ammo comes from RUAG Ammotec factories world wide, not only form one site. The US factory is RUAG Ammotec in Tampa, the one in Germany is in Fürth. RUAG Ammotec in Fürth is producing RWS ammo also, the site in Switzerland is in Thun and Altdorf, formerly known as MF Thun or MF Altdorf . So, if there is GECO branded ammo made in Switzerland, it comes from RUAG Ammotec in either Altdorf or Thun, when it's labeled Made in Germany it Comes from Fürht and US Made ammo comes from Tampa, etc. Other commercial brands of RUAG Ammotec are RWS, Norma, Dynamit Nobel, Swiss P and Rottweil. RUAG Ammotec is supplying several European armies with small arms ammo as well.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Did anyone ever figure out who he really was?

Not sure but I know that he sucked at tactical planning.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
ive had issues reloading their 9mm brass.. if memory serves, its shorter than other 9mm brass.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
GECO is a commercial lable of RUAG Ammotec. There is no GECO company nor a GECO factory. GECO labeled ammo comes from RUAG Ammotec factories world wide, not only form one site. The US factory is RUAG Ammotec in Tampa, the one in Germany is in Fürth. RUAG Ammotec in Fürth is producing RWS ammo also, the site in Switzerland is in Thun and Altdorf, formerly known as MF Thun or MF Altdorf . So, if there is GECO branded ammo made in Switzerland, it comes from RUAG Ammotec in either Altdorf or Thun, when it's labeled Made in Germany it Comes from Fürht and US Made ammo comes from Tampa, etc. Other commercial brands of RUAG Ammotec are RWS, Norma, Dynamit Nobel, Swiss P and Rottweil. RUAG Ammotec is supplying several European armies with small arms ammo as well.

The stuff I've used was actually RWS and all good decent ammo.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Geco 124gr 9mm was my go-to factory ammo for my P320s for a few years. Lost count of how many cased of it I've shot with zero issues.

Wonder what the issue was...

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've run their 5.56 with no issues. Useful for the first case lot I bought in 5.56 a while back because it came on stripper clips.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think if Gecko45 ever reveals himself and once verified by the admins over at GlockTalk, half of the Internet would like to buy him a cold one. The other half are probably millennials, stuck on SnapFace and haven't heard of his legends, yet.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post