SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tropical Storm Florence (East Coast)
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tropical Storm Florence (East Coast) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/w...c-small-city-n909551

Surge of 30’ expected. Frown

It's sad. The most frustrating thing is these people were told to leave and they refused. Now they are scrambling to get out with all the roads flooded, risking the lives of others for their stupidity.

I saw Cajun Navy was pulling people off car roofs at 0400

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
I saw Cajun Navy was pulling people off car roofs at 0400

There's no finer people than rednecks with boats. My area is loaded with them and they are as good a people as you could hope to meet.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
NOAA 11am

storm has slowed down to 3 mph heading WSW

max sustained wind 80 mph

It has hardly moved since the report 3 hours ago

New Bern is on the Neuse river which is the river at the top right of the green band

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post

Some photos from NC.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...-North-Carolina.html

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The Mother Teresa of Jacksonville.

"I don't smoke, drink or do drugs" -But I do smoke drugs.

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Fox and the locals are showing New Bern, they are evacuating the hold outs, several on roofs of homes, some with water up to the front door and higher.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Hopefully we won't need too many more of these.

This is NOAA 2pm

max sustained wind 75 mph
movement W at 5 mph
eye is 15 miles from SC border

When the winds drop below 74 mph, the brown area should disappear and the symbols will change from "H" to "S"

posted Hide Post
Word from the family down around Lumberton, and near Smithfield; their electricity is out. Mom lost her's just after 6:00 this morning.

How are folks in SC?

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Fox and the locals are showing New Bern, they are evacuating the hold outs, several on roofs of homes, some with water up to the front door and higher.

Holdouts. Does that mean people who ignored an evacuation order? Why should any rescuer risk his life for them???

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Progress ! No Hurricane winds

NOAA 5pm

max sustained wind 70 mph
movement W at 3 mph

green > 58 mph but less than 74
blue > 39 mph

So now Florence is a Tropical Storm

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
it looks like it smeared right over Myrtle Beach

I wonder how the golf courses fared...supposed to go play there for 5 days next month...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
From Florence, SC, still waiting on the worst from now tropical storm Florence. Some gusts here over 50, but the rain has been very light.

WE are expecting 70 plus winds around midnight then it drops down to the 40's about sunrise. Plenty of rain to come as predictions are 10-15" here in Florence.

WE are all good, still have power and no damage to my house yet. Neighbor lost a piece of facia trim, but no big deal.

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Watch the reporter then watch the teenagers in the top right of the screen. Hmmmm.......

https://www.facebook.com/steve...s/10215468717744165/

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
yeah that reporter is fake news!

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Oh man, thank the Lord for those two. These aren't "News" people, they're charlatans.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
OK...I'm watching Tucker Carlson on Fox...the reporter in Morehead City is still standing at his favorite light pole doing a live feed (at least he is not caressing it like a girlfriend)...with everything bad about this storm with the flooding, wind damage and loss of life...this guy is fucking embarrassing.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
Watch the reporter then watch the teenagers in the top right of the screen. Hmmmm.......

https://www.facebook.com/steve...s/10215468717744165/

Maybe they are from Krypton and the silly earth winds don't have any effect on them? Yeah that's probably it, no way the honorable press would ever deceive the American people, right?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigWhup:
yeah that reporter is fake news!

Looks like he is bracing for wind coming in the opposite direction than it is.
Hope a tree falls on him. A real one.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The NOAA 8pm picture is very similar to the 5 pm picture.

The storm still has max sustained winds of 70 mph.

Movement is W at 3 mph

It is just sitting in almost the same spot.
The eye has crossed just over the border line to be in SC

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

about the reporter and the Krypton kids,
maybe the reporter team carries a generator and a powerful fan in their SUV. special effects. Smile