SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2013 f150 ecoboost oil leak
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 f150 ecoboost oil leak Login/Join 
posted
On the passenger side the engine is dropping oil on to the passenger turbo.

I have been told that it is leaking from a plate above the turbo. Supposedly it covers the vaccum pump for the turbo. <shrug>

The dealership wants the truck for up to week before they will give me an estimate.

Does anyone know whatthis piece is? I am thinking of having the serpentine belt, turbos, and this piece repaired all at once.

I certainly am not going to let the dealership sit on my truck for a week before they will give me a round about estimate for the work of all 3.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Not what you want to hear on a 4+ year old truck.
Out of warranty? I surely hope not. Sounds like a huge repair bill in the offing possibly.

Sorry, no help on your question. Wish you luck in the situation.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19161 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thing has been flawless, i have no complaints. It does suck though.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many miles do you have on it? If the dealership is going to give you a free loaner, to keep your truck for a week to give you an estimate.....go for it.....at least ask.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
The power train warantee is 5 year 60. I had a transmission leak covered on my 2012 platinum.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that bought a used 2012 Ecoboost F150 in 2016. With-in a couple months the motor blew - rod out the case, piston and head damage etc. It was <5 yrs and <50K miles. Ford ended up putting in a long block and replaced the turbos. All under original power train warranty. They blamed it on a transmission recall service item that was not done, made the truck downshift and over spun the engine and turbo's. Took over a month to get it all sorted out, he had to push the right buttons, but he basically has a new motor on Ford. As much as they are pushing the Ecoboost, I don't think they want to see them all blown up - bad for the image.

Keep at it and be patient.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
150k, no free loaners

posted Hide Post
Battled service writers for a couple of weeks, and asked a local repair shop. No one wanted the work. I ended up ordering the vacuum pump from rock auto and doing the work myself.

The dealerships wanted to take the cab off, 12 hours, charge me 365 for the pump.

Local guy wanted none of it.

Part was 77 dollars with shipping from rock auto. 16 dollars for replacement bolts and 4 bucks for replacement fender liner push stays.

It took us two hours to get it out via passenger front wheel well, 10 min to remove a rounded over 8mm bolt head, and 2 hours to reinstall new one.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
So nice seeing someone do the work themselves. Nice payoff in terms of both $$$ and satisfaction. I recently replaced a bad alternator on my old 2001 F150. Dealer wanted the truck for two days and around $500 of my bank account. Not happening. I bought a rebuilt alternator locally for $80, and after an hour and a half in the garage spinning a wrench, had a working truck again.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I have an older F250 diesel and I've just been told that I'm developing an oil leak around the oil pan. In order for them to fix it, they have to remove the engine mounts and jack the engine up to get at it. WTF?

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2086 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Thanks for the update!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you got your eco fixed.

quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
I have an older F250 diesel and I've just been told that I'm developing an oil leak around the oil pan. In order for them to fix it, they have to remove the engine mounts and jack the engine up to get at it. WTF?

that is pretty common on many Fords.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScorpionBoy:
Glad you got your eco fixed.

quote:
Originally posted by ggile:

that is pretty common on many Fords.

That's pretty common on most all cars and trucks, not just fords.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I recommend that anyone who has a first generation ecoboost install one of these systems: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v6h_FOzFMcs

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
And one of the many reasons I didn't buy the ecoboost when I bought my wife an exploder last month.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
And one of the many reasons I didn't buy the ecoboost when I bought my wife an exploder last month.

With 150,000 miles, just about any engine is bound to have some oil leaks. That's a lot of miles on an engine and a lot of miles on a truck. The fact that he has 150,000 miles on the engine is a testament to it's durability.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:

With 150,000 miles, just about any engine is bound to have some oil leaks. That's a lot of miles on an engine and a lot of miles on a truck. The fact that he has 150,000 miles on the engine is a testament to it's durability.

Oil, tires, filters and brakes so far up till this point. It has been the most reliable vehicle i have owned.

Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My buddy has a 2011 ecoboost with 200k miles-just brakes and tires...flawless. I have a 2012 and the same. I will be getting ecoboost in my new truck.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have 280K on my Tacoma. No oil leaks.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
300k on my Frontier, no leaks.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post