SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any decent portable vacs for the car out there?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any decent portable vacs for the car out there? Login/Join 
Picture of Draal
posted
My wife bought a small vac (probably off Amaz*n) and it's been craptastic to say the least. With two boys in the back seat of our SUV, the interior takes a beating for sure.

Any recommendations for a small unit I can keep in the back of the SUV and do a good job sucking up broken crayons, those plastic wraps from juice box straws and the evil of all evils, stale Goldfish crackers?

Posts: 164 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: July 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
No. Virtually all these small vacs are weak and ineffective at getting the job done. Buy a good shop vac and keep it handy in your garage. Then make it a habit to vac out the car on a regular basis. When my son was little, I did touch up vac jobs every other day as need be, and a complete vac out once a week. That's the only real way to protect the interior of your vehicle.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
My wife uses one from Makita that takes my 18v batteries. Basically a modern dustbuster. It's good for kid-induced shrapnel.

She also has a rechargeable Dirt Devil that has a spinning brush, for when a deeper clean is needed.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We've got one similar to this one, mostly for the stairs in the house, but it does a pretty good job.

http://www.qvc.com/Shark-Bagle...type=shopping&TZ=EST

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15307 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I have a small Ridgid brand from home depot that is very handy. No wheels, etc, just a carry handle, and small, but works great.

It's 120 volt AC plug in the wall powered, and it does a really fine job.

I can't find the model number, but if you just happen to go into Home Depot you'll probably see it.

Anything 12 volt is going to, well, suck, but not suck in a good efficient way.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the little portable dysons (battery powered) are really good but spendy. The Shark portable battery powered are almost as good but not as spendy.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post