SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Electrolux Clothes Washers & Dryers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electrolux Clothes Washers & Dryers? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
We're looking into new a new clothes washer and clothes dryer. My wife, doing her homework, is finding more positive reviews of Electrolux brand washers and dryers than any others. I never even knew Electolux made them.

Here's what concerns me: She also found tons of positive reviews about Samsung washers and dryers the last time we did this. I had my doubts, but she was certain.

The Samsung washer and dryer have turned out to be utter disasters. That's why they're getting replaced long before their time. (She's done nothing but bitch about their poor performance. I told her "You have to use these things all the time. If they're making your life miserable, replace them.")

So: Electrolux clothes washers and dryers: Anybody here have any experiences with the brand for these roles?

Thanking y'all in advance.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard good things about Electrolux but have no direct experience, I've also heard that getting service for them is hard. Miele is an excellent brand as far as quality goes, think subzero of washer/dryers but also hard to find service IF you ever need it. I'd stick to Whirlpool/Maytag based upon personal experience with many of them and other brands(I have several rental units as well as my house), and favor their much larger capacity than Speed Queens (which are very durable and excellent quality, but seriously lack the capacity of Whirlpool/maytag and other brands.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is Speed Queen, and then there is all the rest. Does a MUCH better job, uses plain old powdered soap, and seems to last well into forever. Not sold at box stores, only at dealers who have to have trained service and install people. Wife still brags about ours, named it Samson.

Posts: 1638 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
I know my reply will sound like some of those that are given whenever a forum member asks for opinions about Ford trucks. You know, there are always several who chime in about how wonderful Toyota or Datsun trucks are. And I don't wanna be like that. However, like Watergoat I must also cast my vote for Speed Queen. We got one a few years back - before Speed Queen had gone digital - and it has been VERY SOUND. Not trying to change your mind, just sayin. BTW, have you considered contacting "Appliance Brad" about this/ He is incredibly knowledgeable and has ALWAYS been generous with his time and suggestions. ...Fred

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jtedescucci:
I know my reply will sound like some of those that are given whenever a forum member asks for opinions about Ford trucks. You know, there are always several who chime in about how wonderful Toyota or Datsun trucks are.

Eh... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't necessarily, or always, have a problem with that--unless somebody's suggesting something I'd already dismissed for cause or it's completely out in left field.

quote:
And I don't wanna be like that. However, like Watergoat I must also cast my vote for Speed Queen. We got one a few years back - before Speed Queen had gone digital - and it has been VERY SOUND. Not trying to change your mind, just sayin.

You and Watergoat's input will be taken into consideration. Thanks!

quote:
BTW, have you considered contacting "Appliance Brad" about this/ He is incredibly knowledgeable and has ALWAYS been generous with his time and suggestions. ...Fred

Being endlessly pestered about this kind of thing is why Brad absented himself from SF for a while. So: No. I will not bother him with this.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I dunno anything about Electrolux washers and dryers, but my mom has used their vacuum cleaners forever and they’ve been bomb proof. We used them for a while with great success until Mrs slosig decided she wanted an upright. (Being a not totally stupid husband I stayed out of the way of that decision.Smile) If they do half as good a job on the washers and dryers as they do on the vacuums, they’ll be great. That said, before I’d buy one I’d want to hear from someone who had actually used them. There have been plenty of companies that do a great job on one thing, but run into teething troubles when they try to branch out.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this the full size or apt sized units?

If they are the small ones, make sure to know what it requires for use. As some of their dryers require you to empty water from a container.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We bought there top of the line front loader W&D 8 months ago, first time we’ve purchased their products - couldn’t be happier. We’ve had Bosch, Maytag, and won’t go back to them. Highly recommended, we run our everyday at our house.

Posts: 7 | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Electrolux is a Swedish company that includes AEG and Frigidaire.

I have a Frigidaire fridge and Electrolux gas stove and double wall oven. I have had not problems with any of them.

I didn't know they make washer but I would have no problem getting one based on their other products.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pasound
posted Hide Post
I have an Electrolux washer and dryer. Both are high capacity and work well. Never any problems.

Old, stubborn, heavily armed.

Posts: 27 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: January 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I too have an Electrolux washer and dryer and have had them trouble free since around 2011-12. They were highly recommended by an appliance shop that outfitted our kitchen remodel.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
We had a front load washer and dryer. The buyers of our house wanted them in the sale. We got them when our son was born so we had them nine years. Only issue was a heating element in the dryer needed replaced. Other than that, trouble free. Did a good job.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback on Electrolux appliances, guys!

Ok, then: It looks like Electrolux they'll be.

Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Good to know. Didnt know they made large appliances. I do remember the old canister vac my mom used...that vacuum could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Apparently there've been some "issues" with (some of?) Electrolux' dryers. My wife has decided to sit on the decision for a bit. Do some more research.

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
My Wife LOVES her Speed Queen W&D!

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post