SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need a recommendation on industrial strength sticky backed Velcro
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a recommendation on industrial strength sticky backed Velcro Login/Join 
Picture of muddle_mann
posted
I want to use some 1 1/2 to 2" wide adhesive backing. It will be used to hold my rear floor mats in place. But I want to be able to remove them to vacuum. I use the car to Uber and the mats get moved around a lot with every one getting in/out. I want to keep them in place so no one stumbles getting out. Let me know what you like. Thanks.

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Or, buy some weather tech mats - they're fitted to the space and don't move around.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
3M (Scotch brand) has some really aggressive double sided tape.

The mild stuff has the white / green Scotch pattern, but the stuff with the solid red peel-off backing is really strong.

You could use this on the back of the velcro strips to augment the adhesive.

Your local Ace or True Value hardware store will have it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I got 1 1/2" at an econo fabric place

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
This stuff is about 1000x better than Velcro:

3M Dual Lock Reclosable Fastener SJ3560 250 Clear, 1 in x 6 Ft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J...cp_apa_VffjBbWGYSFRX

It isn't one side hook, one side loop - both sides are the same, it fastens hard, doesn't wear out like Velcro, has great adhesive, it's just great stuff.

I started using it to attach batteries to RC cars and helicopters and have used it for a lot of other stuff since.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I buy a big roll of industrial 3M Velcro for use at work to mount all kinds of computer related items.
I bought it at Lowes > big roll was around $30 as I recall, they have lesser amounts and sizes too.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Lowe’s has some 3-M that I’ve used to mount an Apple TV and other such electronics to a vertical Woden surface. I used the ones marked as “military” strength. Despite the heat generated by some of these things, you really want to put it where you want it the first time around, because it’s a pain to get unstuck.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
What will you be sticking this to? I've had the adhesive on that stuff ruin the vinyl on my dashboard.

Posts: 26902 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Glue Velcro down with 3m trim adhesive, it's use for automotive exterior trim.

Posts: 1554 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-...r=8-3&ref=mp_s_a_1_3

This stuff is good, and I can verify that the backing adhesive will adhere to carpet, if it’s clean and dry. But you may be able to use just the “hook” side on the bottom of your mats, and let it grab the vehicle carpet.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I've been using "Marine Grade Hook and Loop" from McMaster Carr for years. It adheres quickly and very well. Don't know who makes it. The package it came it might have said, but it's no longer in that package. I keep it in ziploc parts bags. Like almost everything McMaster sells, they don't have the brand in their descriptions, but it is usually a top brand and well made.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used this
https://www.google.com/shoppin...vZ2NsCFV-GxQIdp9EOhw

( but got it at Wal Mart)
but when I pulled up on it , the sticky pulled off of the carpeted floor.

what are you sticking it too on the floor ?
plastic mat or carpet?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post